What do you guys think of this exhaust?

JP50515

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
So this is my bike as of today. Just got my engine in yesterday :D and gonna TRY and wire it up today. I threw the stock mufflers on just for giggles but I kinda like the look ha. What do you guys think?

full

full

Its either that or throw some baffles in the headers ha.

Yeah I like it too, my only issue with it is that the cross member that joins the mufflers sits on the frame under the seat :/....I might cut em and weld em shut and fab some mounts for em.

Not something I would have thought to try on a hardtail bobber, but now that I see it... I like it! Who knows, maybe you'll start a trend...

haha that actually had me laughing out loud. My only issue with em is how quiet they are. Ha there's just something strange about riding around on a custom bike that makes no noise

Top 10 advantages to quiet pipes most people never think of.

10. More low end torque.
9. Less vibration.
8. Easier to tune and jet.
7. Less bluing of pipes.
6. Cooler engine running.
5. No tickets for loud pipes.
4. A good place to hide your stash.
3. Fewer speeding tickets. (Seriously, if they don't hear you they don't wake up and point their RADAR guns at you.)
2. Mooses, bulls, wild boars, bears and mountain lions don't mistake the roar of your pipes as a challenge to a duel. (Remember: If it's a tie, you lose.)
And the number 1 reason quiet pipes are better on a motorcycle: It's easier to be a back door man and not get caught by a jealous husband.

A friend has a C model and had a set of aftermarket mufflers the same as yours but they didn't have the crossover pipe, he found a new set of originals with the crossover pipe and he recond the bike ran smother and he felt it pulled a bit harder as well.

I feel the bike needs a rear guard with those pipes, would balance it out and set it off

Oh yeah it's getting fender don't worry. I'm also thinking stock front fender or another tin I've got laying around that looks pretty good. I'm actually trying to see if I can't fab a way to make a strong enough fender to throw a removable pileon for the girl on. She'll hate it but w/e.

The real question is: What do YOU think of that exhaust? It's your bike, do what you like man.

Of course. I threw it up on the forum cuz I thought it was interesting that I've never seen someone throw the stock mufflers on a hardtail build...especially since they don't look half bad

You should use these...

View attachment 19419

And sell me yours...

The mufflers in the pics are mikesXS but will not fit stock headers. they are 38mm inlet the stock headers are 40mm early headers are 38mm but are kinda hard to find.

There is a guy who built his hardtail quite a bit ago who kept the stock mufflers and I really like it. Have a pic on my other computer.

Back