pamco ign, with dual coil???

s3venpieces

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've had my '72 on the back burner for about a year now, right after stripping the old charging system and points ign. so i'm a little rusty. my question is that the instructions for the pamco ign say to run the red wire back to battery terminal on coil or the red/white wire and green to the other coil. my coil is the one from mikesxs (not the green one) and i only have a blue wire and a black/white wire? what goes where to be blunt

i've had my '72 on the back burner for about a year now, right after stripping the old charging system and points ign. so i'm a little rusty. my question is that the instructions for the pamco ign say to run the red wire back to battery terminal on coil or the red/white wire and green to the other coil. my coil is the one from mikesxs (not the green one) and i only have a blue wire and a black/white wire? what goes where to be blunt

This wiring diagram is from our "Tech" section.

Attachments

• wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 3,904
On the dual output coil, the power goes in on one wire, out the other. It don't matter which is which.
Leo

Your original harness had two power feeds to the coils because you had two separate coils. You can now use one of those to power the Pamco and the the other to power your new coil.

PamcoConnections.jpg

Back