John Underwood (xsjohn)

Travis

Forum Staff
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I have just received word that John Underwood (xsjohn) was killed in a tragic car accident several days ago during a heavy rain storm. I was told he was in a head-on collision with an SUV. John was very passionate about the XS650 and will be missed by many.

If you have questions or would like to know more about what happened, please contact me and get you in touch with his good friend Paul.

Seriously? holy crap. My heart just sank. My heart goes out to his family and friends. My week just keeps getting better. (sarcasm) John helped me through a number of jams in my build over on 650rider.

I am distressed........... He has done so much for the XS and helped so many, although i have never met him i count John as one of my friends through my contact with him on the old rider board and here.
One thing for sure. if god has an XS it will now be an 8.1 with 18/29 gearing and the best needles you can have for the BS34's RIP

AS this is a sticky i will post some links to XSjohns mods for future reference. (caution may have political content:D)

XSjohn - Needles
XSjohn - Needles
XSjohn - Carbs pre needles
XSjohn - Carbs
XSjohn - Custom jets for free flowing exhaust. Read down first post

Last edited:
Man,that is awful to hear.My condolances to his family,what a loss.He had such a sense of humour,you couldn't help but laugh at his comments.He had a great love and knowledge of the Xs 650,will be greatly missed.I never personally met him,but wish i had.

That is sad news. XS John devoted a lot of time to providing opinion and assistance to many, and while his philosophies were not always met with universal approval his humour and knowledge will be missed. Ride in peace John.

The XSJohn from NC? Of the needles fame?
Holy cow, that's sad to hear. There goes a ton of knowledge and a pretty nice guy, too (as far as I can tell from the 'net). He'll be missed.

This is such sad news. I never met John either, but have personally benefited on more than one occasion because of his wealth of knowledge of the XS650. Dang, he'll be missed. RIP, John.

I have a set of his BS34 needles I never installed in my recently sold XS. Now I think I'll just keep them as a memento.

RIP XSJohn,you keep those other fallen comrades in line with your technical now how and with your political humor,you will be sorely missed and my condolences go out to his family.

I'm going to miss his XS rants. No matter how worked up he got though, he always had time to contribute to the community and lend a hand when you needed it.

John was sincere and passionate about the XS650 and he devoted many hours helping others enjoy the experience. He will be missed.

Lord knows I'll miss him. He had suffered a minor stroke sometime in June? Affected his eyesite, peripheral vision. Having known that info I was wondering about his health and if he may have suffered another stroke.
I'll share a pm......

Rick ...........How are things going..........I'm back to riding after
my little episode......seems my vision is slowly coming back on the
right side......after a month of not riding I fired her up and the TCI
was going out......luckily I had some spares..........back on the road
again after 2 hrs of bolt twisting....78,500 miles......(edit)

John (6-21-10)

He will be sorely missed....prayers going to him and his family. It's heartbreaking.

That's horrible. He was very knowlegable and passionate. He will be missed. My sympathy goes out to all those who knew him personally and to his family

Posted via Mobile

A top man, like most of us I guess we'd never met in person, though I definately count him as a friend.

May heavens highways be pothole free & XS's line the streets, cheers John :cheers:

bummer.....in the pic on the obit, it looks like he is sitting on a bike with his arms kinda forward, and hunched over alittle.....
Picked a great first sticky for this site, Travis. His threads will keep giving reliable information.

Back