Carb choice, Lectrons or VM34's?

bowser

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Cost aside (in Australian and get raped either way), looking for some carbs for my build, will be a streeted, 750 BB, rephased, probe/pamco ignition, cam etc

I know Hugh is a big fan of the Lectrons but I can't find much or anyone that has used them on the street.

I'm thinking Lectrons as they look horn and are supposed to be easy to tune.

thoughts?

Vm34's are a great carb, easy to tune, cheap to buy & there is heaps of people that run them - so advice is plentiful. That's why so many people run them...

It all comes down to how much $ do you want to spend on other types of carbs.

For me lectrons are too expensive, either japanese or italian carbs do as equal a job & parts are more readily available for them.

Lectrons are sick because you dont have to change needles. You just adjust a clip on the metering rod(or something to that effect). So you can just bolt em on and tweak and you're done. They are pretty amazing and easy to tune. But price. Had I the money to do a build like this guys is doing, I would go with lectrons.

Lectrons are sick because you dont have to change needles. You just adjust a clip on the metering rod(or something to that effect). So you can just bolt em on and tweak and you're done. They are pretty amazing and easy to tune. But price. Had I the money to do a build like this guys is doing, I would go with lectrons.

Have you tuned lectrons before..?

I dont care how easy they are to tune - I have never had to tune a set
If you cant tune your standard BS series or VM style carbs, then you are not going to have any better luck by spending more $$ on Lectrons...either you know how to tune & set up a bike or you dont.

I'm in the same exact boat as far as carbs. It's between these two for me as well. Lectrons look badass (clear bowl is cool as hell), tune easily, supposedly work well, have great customer service, and seem like an overall great carb but damn are they expensive as hell. I'd be all over them if I could get a set for around $400.

$330 each, I didn't think they were that badly priced compared to other part prices

pretty certain lectrons will get the go ahead, just have to wait till mid next month when my bonus comes through:)

Back