Neutral Light Quirk

fiveohindc

'77 XS650
Reaction score
Recently opened up the rat's nest to install new gauges, and have almost solved all of my electrical snafus.

One that has me perplexed: Got rid of all the other meter lights. Wired up the light blue and the brown to the wires on the new LED that will act as neutral lamp. (if it matters, red to light blue, brown to black... this could be reversed, which might be the problem?)

The green LED will only glow for a brief second when I am turning OFF the ignition (from position 2 to position 1). Anybody know why this might be? Whether the engine is running or not, does not change result.

Secondly, my turn signals arent working and there's a clicking coming from the relay or whatever under the tank. That part I think I can figure out (the PO has all black wires used so it requires some manual tracing). But i mention it in case some how these things are related to the neutral light.

THANKS IN ADVANCE! (and yes, i spent hours wondering why the LEDs on my gauges wouldn't glow until I realized i had the lights in the OFF position. So... yeah, i'm dumb.)

Back