Has anyone ever used a 2 inch exhaust?

Salty Dog

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly what the title says. Has anybody ever used 2 inch exhaust on an XS650? I've searched on here and on the web and cant find anything. just wondering how it run and sound.

1.25" ID is stock, 1.5" is a good upgrade, 1.75" usually need port work or torque optimisers (inserts) http://www.mikesxs.net/product/07-0769.html to work well. A double wall setup similar to stock with condensatin drain holes could be used, say a 2" over a 1.5" but the flanges would have to be custom made. IMHO I don't think a pipe almost as large as the bore would have the right look..... not to mention the performance, :( the engine's not big enough. Not sayin' it CAN'T be done though.

Exactly what the title says. Has anybody ever used 2 inch exhaust on an XS650? I've searched on here and on the web and cant find anything. just wondering how it run and sound.
............................ hi no i have not but i do run 45mm light guage stainless steel exhaust on both sides with alloy tracker muffles,,, and i don,t suffer with any motor probems running them the bike purrs regards oldbiker........................... so but i thought i,d add this tit bit ,,, my 45mm o.d. st .st light guage all came from a plumping mob that sold stuff to back up their tradesmen ,,, it could be worth trying ,,,, i just tacked mine together and then tigged it ,,, as there was nothing at the time it wasn,t expensive to buy the sections needed regards oldbiker

Last edited:
Back