New to the forum. Thought I should share my build.

Byookanun

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I built this bike within the last 3 months. I still have a few things to do it but it's done for the most part.

Here is the bike in its current state and also a link with a few more pics of the build process. I welcome all comments and any questions. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
The fake oil tank(sphere) which is used to hide the electronics is from Pandemonium Custom Choppers.

Oh, yeah. Found it in your photobucket album. You even included an 'inside' shot of the electrics, nice. Never seen that before (I don't get out much...).

Updated the pic above and added a few more to photobucket. Just added new foot pegs and a kicker pedal.

I really like your vision, great paint work too.

mumble mumble, cough uh you are going to put a front brake on it? Please say yes.

Oh crap I was looking at the earlier pics, when it still had an XS hub and caliper brackets...........

I really like your vision, great paint work too.

mumble mumble, cough uh you are going to put a front brake on it? Please say yes.

Oh crap I was looking at the earlier pics, when it still had an XS hub and caliper brackets...........

The paint is candy green powder coat.

And the front brake... I'm all about fashion before function and in my opinion the 21" spool front wheel with shaved forks looks way better than the stock 19" wheel and a front brake. And actually the bike stops quite well.

That electronic hideaway sphere thing is all sorts of awesome. Very cool setup!

And I must be getting old because I agree on the front brake thing. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for two sets of brakes and a helmet (jesus, I sound like my mom...) :doh:

The paint is candy green powder coat.

And the front brake... I'm all about fashion before function and in my opinion the 21" spool front wheel with shaved forks looks way better than the stock 19" wheel and a front brake. And actually the bike stops quite well.

Yes, your bike is a real fashion statement, but when you say "And actually the bike stops quite well" , it shows you are naive and have no real life experience with motorcycles. Maybe you'll have to have a serious accident, to bring you back into reality.

Yes, your bike is a real fashion statement, but when you say "And actually the bike stops quite well" , it shows you are naive and have no real life experience with motorcycles. Maybe you'll have to have a serious accident, to bring you back into reality.

I've been riding and working on motorcycle for over 20 years. I've ridden everything from dirtbikes to a custom stretched kz900(drag look) to 6 sportbikes to countless bikes working at a motorcycle dealership to now this XS. I've had a near death wreck on a sportbike. I've also had a couple other sportbike wrecks.

Have you ridden an XS or any bike without a front brake? Maybe you are just too conservative or scared to try it.

I wouldn't wish a bike accident on anyone. And I'm sorry that you feel you need to...

I think what Retired is trying to say is that people don't wear helmets until they see their buddy's head painted on a windshield. Or wear open face helmets until they see someones face get taken clean off down the center of a road (it's gross and chicks don't dig dudes without lips and noses). Or you'll do what most people I know do and sell your bike and never ride again. OR maybe you're one of those guys that see's their buddies die and still don't change until they get taken out by their own stupidity.

Dude...it doesn't have front brake. Its not something that is new to the motorcycle world.

I wear a helmet at all times, even in states where it's not the law.

I've been riding and working on motorcycle for over 20 years. I've ridden everything from dirtbikes to a custom stretched kz900(drag look) to 6 sportbikes to countless bikes working at a motorcycle dealership to now this XS. I've had a near death wreck on a sportbike. I've also had a couple other sportbike wrecks.

Have you ridden an XS or any bike without a front brake? Maybe you are just too conservative or scared to try it.

I wouldn't wish a bike accident on anyone. And I'm sorry that you feel you need to...

I can see that there's no hope of changing your anti-safety attitude. Your past record of wrecking sportbikes will soon be extended to your XS650.

You're on the wrong website.......................most lads here believe in having good brakes at both ends of their bike. Perhaps you need to go visit websites that share your view of bike safety, and will say nice things about your front (brakeless) wheel.

I can see that there's no hope of changing your anti-safety attitude. Your past record of wrecking sportbikes will soon be extended to your XS650.

You're on the wrong website.......................most lads here believe in having good brakes at both ends of their bike. Perhaps you need to go visit websites that share your view of bike safety, and will say nice things about your front (brakeless) wheel.

Well retiredgentalman... I hate to get into in internet argument with someone but lets look at a few things here. For one your username, "retired". You are obvioulsy older and therefore you are probably very conservative. I myself am 40 but I am by no means conservative.

Now the photo of your bike in your avatar. I would say you like stock bikes. I on the other hand am not into stock bikes.

You also look to be located in Canada. Now I have never been to Canada but it is on my bucket list. Maybe you Canadians are into different styles of bikes than some of guys from the states. I myself like the short wheelbase hardtail chopper look and that includes no front brake.

And I don't think I am on the wrong website as from what I can tell this is the best XS650 website on the net.

Now let's try to get over the no front brake and move on. Thank you.

Byookanun;

The fact that we live in different countries and are of different ages, has nothing to do with my view of safety. I have a strong view of safety for my life, my family, my car and for my bike. You obviously have a very low opinion of having a safety margin.

We can agree to disagree.

Back