camchain guide

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
hi first off,thanks to many of the members giving good advice about our old beasts.iv tried wading though the arcives with no luck.im about to start on a engine rebuild with a mikes 750 barrels kit and was told there can be a problem with the camchain running out of adjustment quickly due to the guide slot being to narrow or the guide to wide??? and there was a thread about it on the forum is this true and what is the solution.mine is the 2fo model.thanks

If you install a new chain and front guide you won't have any problems on clearance. Once the chain gets 25k miles or so it may become a problem.
Keeping the oil changed at 1000-1500 miles and keeping the chain tensioner adjusted properly will help prevent any issues.
Things of this sort is all part of having high performance parts.
Leo

thanks for the info.its not just for me.the mate who told me is having trouble adjusting his cam chain and vagley remebered these threads and the narrow tunnel problem so had to check before starting.looks like hes up for a new chain and guide.he might have more ks on the rebuild than he thought

Back