new oil?

Could you link to something about this? I would like to know more and a quick google search isn't finding anything.

My first, off the cuff thought is, somebody is yanking someone's chain.

Nothing on Google. Seen a news show on it about a month ago. I seen some at Walmart a week ago. The oil companies are scrambling for pattens.

I have to wonder is a better end product the reason? Or is it the price benefit of natural gas vs more expensive crude.
And as the link itsatoy posted asks. Is it really better than the other synthetics offered.

It's all about price. Mineral based oil can be processed from soft coal, natural gas, and almost any grade of crude. Natural gas is so cheap right now due to the Barnett Shale formation in north Texas and a similar size discovery in the Dakotas. New drilling technology and fracking technology has expanded both the recoverable reserves, and the net volume per day. The eastern coal and oil reserves are on top of a lot of oil and natural gas once thought to be played out. Green weenies are doing everything they can to kill off fracking right now with a bunch of junk science on the earth crust and water tables. I don't care where the base stocks come from. The natural gas bases are easier to refine from my understanding.

Nobody said it was cheap for the consumer! It won't ever be that way either. Same with ethanol. Even if they can make it for 10 cents a gallon, it will still be priced exactly the same as gasoline, so the only incentive is if you believe you can "save the world" by paying a premium for your vehicle and fuel source. Ain't gonna happen. Might as well burn what makes good power while you can.

Funny how that works. Nothing green about oil only how its produced. If they make it pricey people try to find alternatives. I got family in London. Two years ago we did the conversation and it came out to $26/gal. What do you think we'll happen here. Simple. Higher the price the less well be used that's the new green.

*Whew*, quite a read. If you can get thru the long-winded name, marketing verbage, and insider acronyms, it looks like this new base stock isn't yet formulated for our Jaso-rating-required motorcycles, but they're promising a look into it.

This caught my eye:

Pennzoil Platinum® Racing with PurePlusâ„¢ Technology will be available in 10W-60.

Back