Omaha, Nebraska XS650 Bobber Build

jtfield

JTF Customs
Reaction score
I figure I'd start a thread on my build 1980XS650 that I bought for $350.00. Looking forward to comments, Q&A's and what not. My first bobber build, please keep in mind i am an Accountant with a passion for motorcycles. This is how we started off.

full

Purchased the stock bike for $350.00 January 2014. Had to make room in the garage to start the build during tax season. Lots of late nights to get just this far.

full

I think I am going to do aluminum colored frame and racing stripes. Gloss black for the main color on the tank and fender. Calipers and other accent pieces with that red color and a couple gold color accents as well. More pics to come. Started this build in January and coming along nicely I think.

Chain will be perfect!

full

Had to cut the fender for clearance...Bonus points that the chain company is named JT too lol.

full

Rear Brake figured out!
full

YES I KNOW and YES I WAS LUCKY that this photo didn't scar anything else on the bike...next Day bought a welding blanket to cover the bike and my self...set my self on fire shortly after this was taken lol.
full

Please all keep in mind I am a Accountant but welder/bike builder at heart, my welds may not be visually perfect but they will hold. Experience doing welding on the farm growing up. Most of what you see is only tacked in place.

Little girl and I were able to get the gas tank on with rubber mounts from TC Bros for sportster tanks.

full

Looks nice I like it. I'm glad you called yourself out on the welds so it's not an elephant in the room, hah. Nice to see the girls bringing the thumb in too.

Back