Omaha, Nebraska XS650 Bobber Build

Fender is complete.
full

Met neighbor Byookanun today and he helped me out a bit on my build, thank you!

Oil Cooler
full

Headlight
full

Taillight
full

Okay so the kickstand will need a bit more engineering but I was able to do some other stuff today: chain tensioner is in place what a B(*&^ to do by yourself, had the wife however lend a hand. couldn't get the other side of the spring in the hole so will have to figure that one out when I assemble for the last time.
full

Was able to get the brake line and brake reservoir mounts in place, looking great.
full

Here is a quick outdoor picture of the build.
full

After many hours of research and sitting and staring at the bike I have finally came to the decision to order up a seat. The Slimline by Biltwell through Lowbrow Customs. Fingers crossed it gets here Saturday, if not then will have to wait til next next week for another build posting.

So my little antique box was too small to hold all the electronics that i wanted it to have and a small battery so the wife and I went to Brass Armadillo in Omaha, NE to find something that would be a bit bigger and ultimately would still look good. We spotted a antique or 50's flour sifter for $17.50. Brought it home gutted it out, reinforced the mount points for it and fitted in the frame, my opinion it looks perfect and has plenty of room for all electronics. What do you think?
full

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely do some beefing up of the mount points, what you can't see from this angle is there is a place that this also clips/rests snuggly on the lower motor mount which I'd say is supporting most of the weight.

Slimline seat from Biltwell Inc. arrived from Lowbrow Customs late last night, was able to figure the position out, a bit more fab work and relocating the seat rail to a more approprate location for the springs to rest on. Hopefully get that done this week!

full

I'm down provided I complete it this winter. Tonight just mounted the seat will post pics of it tomorrow, coming up quickly is rewiring it which I am definitely a beginner in that department. Any pointers? Anyone? What gauge wire to run? I've been looking on this site at diagrams but still a bit lost. Plan is just to run stock charging/ignition (until it craps out), 6 pin TCI, head light with high/low, brake/tail light, horn, speedo light.

Last night mounted the seat and it is perfect, exactly what I've been dreaming of for this build. The deep dish of the Bitwell, Inc. Slimline seat is exactly what I need for keeping my fat ass on the seat while accelerating, not saying this bike is going to be a speed demon, but still important to stay on the sucker.

full

Gosh it has been a couple weeks already and haven't posted anymore pictures...damn holiday's! But have been able to fabricate up a new bracket to mount my flour sifter electrical container in place. Received electrical wiring components late last week, waiting for new waterproof electrical connectors to arrive tomorrow, then will slowly start wiring this beast. After that I will test for spark, once I see a spark I will tear the bike back down and finish weld all the mounts, then off for paint! Still looking good for a April 15th finish time and to staying under my 3,000 budget on this build. Will get some photos uploaded soon

Bracket made for my electrical container and now ready to start wiring. Really wish you could rotate pictures in this forum...
full

full

Looking great J.T really nice with all the Pictures showing and telling the historyline.

You have done a great job rebuilding this xs looking forward hearing more and see final result.

I guess you'll be ready for spring with the pace your going ;)

Thanks and have a great day :bike:

Back