Omaha, Nebraska XS650 Bobber Build

And final assembly begins...

full

Cheney Welding & Repair did an awesome job on the smalls. Stumbled across a few more that will be coated as well, while starting the assembly. Hopefully will pick up the sheet metal from 402 Innovations today or tomorrow.

full

Got the sheet metal back from being coated in Omaha, NE, very good job at a very reasonable price. Contact Josh at "402 Innovations" on Facebook. Was able to get the fender and gas tank in place, fender for the last time, tank will have to be removed for more prep and for electrical components to run under it. Any suggestions on a liner for it? Should I do it? Any brand better than the next?

full

full

Another pic, making small progress but still is progress. Getting some new rubber ordered up this week. Busy Busy Busy this tax season so having trouble finding free time. But still pushing ahead.

full

You should look at and consider Shinko tires. Great price and a great quality. I'm running a shinko 240 on the rear and shinko's is also what both my whitewalls (777's) were that I ran last year. My buddy has 777's on his 2012 sportster and says he likes them better than his stock tires.

And controls are in place, waiting on rubbers to come in this week from amazon.com, decided on Shinko 230's. Needing some warmer weather so I can paint the calipers and disk inners then should be in the clear on waiting to move forward.

full

Looking great! Need to get the chain on, rebuild the carbs and hook up fuel line, get the exhaust bolted up, finish the brakes lines up, wire/cable it up, and fill up the oil and away we go.

full

Looking good. I think powder coating that headlight black would look pretty good.

I've been using the Shinko 230's and have over 10k on them. The rear is getting close to needing to be replaced, but the front is still good.

Thanks all. Yea black on that head light would be a great move, will probably wait to do it though. Goal of April 15th is fastly approaching and especially in the middle of tax season getting time to complete usually occurs late in the evenings. Had time yesterday to do stuff then the wife pulled me off my build to lower her bike and stretch out the forward controls for her. Looking forward to getting her fired up and on the road, hope all goes well with the carbs...never have done any carb work a bit on the nervous side to getting it all tuned in correctly.

Electronics box is complete. Will use some fancy luggage locks to lock the latches

full

3/20/15 Update - Was able to get all my electronics into it including the battery to complete the circuit. This weekend will get all the connectors connected at the front and rear of the bike. Then next week or two replace the fork oil seals, run brake lines, rebuild the carbs, and run the fuel lines, then..... with a little luck she should fire up!

Back