jayel

#9 Guru 74 TX650A
Reaction score

Attachments

• enfield650.jpg
    enfield650.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 534
That is awesome!!
Too bad he says numbers match and is 100 % Royal Enfield...bullshit. Read what he says about the engine.

Last edited:
I like it!
That is one twisted Ebay description though. The engine has been "modified" ??? Uh yeah it sure has.,

There's 11 people bidding on it. Either they don't care about the enigine or are being lied to. If you look, a 1958 engine looks nothing like that.
I sent him a message about it.

don't think he cares about the engine being wrong and if he's getting that $amount of bidding why should he? yeah it should be listed as a reproduction but caveat emptor

I sent him a couple of questions, i asked him why he didn't say it has a yamaha engine in the description and his response was "Not 100% sure that it is"

Well he must have known when he had some shop take off the yamaha lettering on the clutch cover. Also they took off the made in Japan on the Alt. cover

I wrote him back and said, "Thanks. But why do you say that it's 100% Enfield when it has a Yamaha engine?". I HATE scammers!!!
He knows exactly what it is.

Haha he just added in tiny print that its not the original motor and only the bike is a 58. What a douch.

he's catching all kinds of grief over this:laugh: the boys over at the micaspeak e-mail list are frothing over this sending fraud reports to ebay and questions to him look to have this withdrawn soon

Well good.
What happens though to the last bidder? If he thought it was all Enfield and then the little disclaimer pops up. Can he withdrawl? I guess he would have a good case.

Q: hello, I see that the motor has been switched out and this actually is an upgrade from the original enfield motor. I am glad to hear that the VIN numbers match the title, because that is whats most important. having said that it is certainly an improvement to the bike and whoever did the job did a good job with it, i hope i win the auction. thanks, Jan-26-11
A: Yes you are correct, it does improve the preformace of the bike, which is why it was done. Thanks again for checking and I hope you win as well!!!!!

LOL, looks like someone has a second account..

That's like saying, oh I bought this 1966 Charger, it's all original, but I upgraded to a Civic engine.

Last edited:
He yanked it.

It was funny to me that "matching numbers" means to him that the frame matches the title. A smart crook would have kept that definition secret until he needed to pull it out.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, I've got a '69 BSA Lightining titled frame in the garage... maybe I should stuff a spare XS 650 engine in it? BSAmaha? At least the case would look closer to the BSA sideplate.
1970-bsa-lightning-1.jpg
:yikes:

HI Guys,

You know what I don't like? If the guy had been up-front about the bike, I would have been interested. It looks like a nice job building a fairly unique "Special". Assuming it couldn't be put in original condition for some reason, it's a good upgrade---Brit class and XS reliability.

But he tried to dress it up as something it obviously isn't. So I think the problem isn't the bike, it's the greedy owner.....in fact, I kinda like the bike. Hmmm...I've got a Norton QD rear end, a BSA A65 frame and forks, a spare XS engine.....gee, maybe I can build an original "Something" and get rich!

Back