1958 Royal Enfield/XS650

Well, it's just that custom bikes and cars are practically worthless to another owner, nowhere near a mint stock vintage. Who knows what kind of mods were done to the "original frame". He was close to $5k, I would be surprised if it actually sold for more than $3k. If a buyer is paying for an ALL ORIGINAL bike, he should at least get that; even if he can't tell. I don't want anyone to get ripped off; and saving him the embarrassment.

Last edited:
Very true point. When I watch shows like Pawn Stars and someone says they bought an item, especially at an auction, and it was, "John Waynes hat", but they actually got ripped off, I get pissed. If a professional auction house does this, imagine a regular person. If it's not real, don't say it is.
I saw a guy at an auction pay a bunch for a "Tommy Bahama" bedroom set. The designer Key West, Bahama type furniture. After he bought it he found out it wasn't real. It was a knock off. The auctioneer then said it was a Tommy Bahama " type"set. He never said that during the bidding. Freaking thief! Emmett Auctions in Delaware, liars. .

Maybe the description wasn't right but it easy to see that's a XS650 engine. Anyway, I like the bike, looks cool IMO.

Last edited:
Msybe the description wasn't right but it easy to see that's a XS650 engine. Anyway, I like the bike, looks cool IMO.
what's not to like? hardtail, with minimal brakes thank goodness it's just a underpowered 650 :laugh: OMG IT'S A CHOPPER!

Last edited:
Very true point. When I watch shows like Pawn Stars and someone says they bought an item, especially at an auction, and it was, "John Waynes hat", but they actually got ripped off, I get pissed. If a professional auction house does this, imagine a regular person. If it's not real, don't say it is.
I saw a guy at an auction pay a bunch for a "Tommy Bahama" bedroom set. The designer Key West, Bahama type furniture. After he bought it he found out it wasn't real. It was a knock off. The auctioneer then said it was a Tommy Bahama " type"set. He never said that during the bidding. Freaking thief! Emmett Auctions in Delaware, liars. .

I bought a 4 wheel drive truck at an auction and it turned out to be a 2 wheel drive truck. The auctioneer claimed he never said it was 4 wheel drive, he just said "if you like 4 wheel drive trucks you'll love this one". I took it to arbitration and lost. My Dad had a saying "believe none of what you hear and half of what you see"...........BG

Back