1 3/4 pipes... baffles or torque peak optimizer?

section8joe

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm running 1 3/4 pipes and I'm wondering what I should to get peak power. In hindsight I probably should have gone with smaller pipes. Since I don't want to start over what do you think I should do? I can weld in some baffles or I was thinking or maybe buying the torque peak optimizer from 650 central. I also have a ton of bends on my pipes and I've heard that that creates back pressure.
5671081008_68c0551f8b_z.jpg

I used a set of the torque inserts they worked well (judging by the seat of my pants and general observation).

Last edited:
1 3/4" and they were straight pipes slash cut. i ran the baffles also and they did not seem to make any difference (they were like the small ones like in this photo).

Baffle.jpg

I like those torque inserts but I'm not sure they'll fit my exhaust. I cut the original exhaust about an inch post the header mount and welded the 1 3/4 pipe to the original header pipe.

I run. 1.75" stainless pipes with TPO's and EPO's and the bike runs great. I'll be running this setup on another bike I like it so much. My pipes are a bit shorter than yours however.

Back