16" Harley Rear Wheel

XS Chop

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Have a question I thought would be more common but I don't see much info around here. Have an '81 Special, making a clean little bobber out of it. Have the TC Bros hardtail on it, looking to put a 16" Harley wheel back there. I see the Mr Lucky sprocket thats been mentioned on the forum (link below), wondering, other than spacers and rigging up a bracket for the caliper, if there are any other problems I might run into along the way. Wheel on there now is the original 16" 36 spoke drum brake version.

The idea is not set in stone, trying to decide between this or getting a rim and re-lacing what I have, which would be a first for me. Hoping a few people have done the Harley conversion and can let me know if it's more effort than it's worth. Thanks for any info, here's a link to the sprocket: http://www.mrluckys.biz/p1144/32-To....html?osCsid=7f83e47081fb9bfdf70b4a0cad13643b

Wow, thought a lot of people would have gone this route considering how hard it seems to be to find clean original spoked wheels for these. Any other options that anyone has used?

A couple of issues ago, The Horse had an article on this very subject. PM me an E-mail address and I will bring it in tomorrow and scan it for you, Or I can try taking a picture of it and send it to you. Just get me an address and I'll get it to you. I'd read it out loud or re-type it, but that's getting into my "to lazy to do that" Zone!

Never mind! Seen I can get an E-mail to you via your profile page. Give me some time this evening, and I'll square you away. If not tonight (my phone camera kinda sux) then tomorrow.

Wasn't expecting that kind of effort, really appreciate it. Funny thing is, The Horse is pretty much the only mag I buy, have damn near every one for the last 8 years or more. Have missed a few this year, that must be one of them. Thanks again.

I'll try to get a pic or two in the into section in the mean time now that I'm registered.

#118, April, 2012. They are taking a Fat Boy Front and making a rear out of it. Lots of great info. It's Fabricator Kevin's article, and it is very informative.
Thanks To: http://www.ironcross.net/

Not Online, but a great mag. Send me an E-mail address via PM, since I can't do attachments thru the messaging.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back