16's front n rear???

madjap

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey, I posted a similar topic in the 'how to', but got no response so I thot I'd try again in this forum area. To keep it simple, I have a 72 xs650 I'm hardtailing. I wanna run 16's front and rear. Want to know if there is ample room (clearance) between the forks for this. I'm sure someone on this forum has tried it or done it...? I don't own a machine shop or have an unlimited budget, so I wanna know if I fork out the bucks to Mikes or whomever for a 16 inch 36 spoke rim, if I can stick a big ol ugly 16 on this stock front end. I'll not be running a front fender (I like a little road grime and debris in my face you know), I'm gonna have a 34 degree rake, I want to use the stock '72 front disc brake and caliper, axles, you know basically, just lace the 16 inch hoop to my stock setup and ride.

Welcom.

I know you are new but posting the same question 5 hours later in another thread is a bit rude. Or are you in a hurry?

I suggest you type 16 into "google search"..............top left under "Home", on this page.............. Do some reading and see if you can find an answer

Yeah, I was in a hurry... sorry. I wasn't being rude, I just figured someone had done it and would say, "Yeah, it can be done". I took your advice and searched 16 (thanks for that suggestion by the way). Did some reading, I guess I heard 'yea' and 'nay' in those posts, so I still don't know and I guess I have a little more research to do.

16" 36 spoked rim came on some specials and special II's...not sure off hand what years...but clearly they exist. So really its about the front...I can't see why you couldn't get a rear rim and re-spoke it for a front hub...just not sure how much room there is for a fatter tire up front.

Good luck

16" 36 spoked rim came on some specials and special II's...not sure off hand what years...but clearly they exist. So really its about the front...I can't see why you couldn't get a rear rim and re-spoke it for a front hub...just not sure how much room there is for a fatter tire up front.

Good luck

thanks! I live in Harley country (and I have an older stock FLH) so this bike will be my expressive self...

joewiseguy did one a while back
joewiseguys.jpg

Back