1966 Honda CL77 305 Scrambler "Next"

I got a CL77, the last of the run had dual leading shoe front brakes...paid $12.50 and rode it the next day...and I still have the burns from streaking and dropping the ol' gal on my left leg...what's that smell... Much like spam...speaking of the old days and 12 dollar jap bikes...https://youtu.be/8qPUJhy0Dz4 (Country Joe and the fellas..)

One CL77 seat covered with a cheapo Ebay cover. I should have spent more time on the foam, there were two pretty good ass cheek indentations that I thought I had rectified, still have some show through. I may re-do it in the winter with a better quality cover and foam, but right now I am running with it. I used liquid electrical tape on the seat strap and trim piece screws under the seat to prevent them from backing off. I am finding the stuff has a lot of uses........

Attachments

• DSC05164.JPG
    DSC05164.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC05163.JPG
    DSC05163.JPG
    423.5 KB · Views: 13
I used that same stuff in black to make very minor repairs on a vinyl seat cover. It was a small tear at the seam. Worked pretty well.

That is the bike I learned how to ride a motorcycle on when I was 14 in 1974. My dad's '66 305 Scrambler! Wish he would have kept it. He sold it in the late 70's.
Did anyone ever see the Rockford Files episode with it? On a cliff near the Pacific. It featured prominently.

That middle photo, the stuntman rider needs riding lessons! Foot down while turning? Super lame!
My best friend has that same bad habit AND he rides wearing slip on "wino shoes". I tell him every time we ride that he's going to break a foot or an ankle doing that.

Back