Sold / Found / Inactive - 1971 xs1-b Tampa Florida USA $6800 USD

I am not a bike-kickin' guy for the same reasons as Thomas, but it has been my experience that once you have the carbs and timing dialed-in on an XS650, they start extremely easily. On my '76 and '78 bikes, I hardly hear the starter - the engine begins to run nearly immediately.

I'm anxious to hear your report on the retarded timing and new kicking technique Thomas....perhaps there could be an SR500 in my future afterall.....:geek:

Pete

Its better MaxPete, except last night or early this morning I should say I woke up at 4am and decided to go ride and I couldn't get it started.

I was surprised to find the brand new battery I put in Yesterday was a little weak. I could watch my new headllight dimming. I kicked w. choke on and then choke off and got a little sputter is all. I may have flooded it - I dunno? I am still cautiously kicking because of knee. I am trying to feel out the new kicking technique too...I think (hope) I will get it right I hope.

I'm going to give her a try right now.

Tom

The funny thing is the timing of the whole thing; I got the bike drove it around and messed around with the timing for two weeks managing to totally screw it up until I had to take it to the shop where it sat for two weeks. They said it started right up but was still out of whack timing wise (these guys all weighed 250+) I got a call and sold it over the phone then got a call from the shop and went there. I could kick it over fairly easily - started first time. Never did ride it again because it was no longer mine - I had promised it to someone. Its like my friend danced with my girlfriend and now they are getting married. And I didn't even get to kiss her!

Thats life!

The funny thing is the timing of the whole thing; I got the bike drove it around and messed around with the timing for two weeks managing to totally screw it up until I had to take it to the shop where it sat for two weeks. They said it started right up but was still out of whack timing wise (these guys all weighed 250+) I got a call and sold it over the phone then got a call from the shop and went there. I could kick it over fairly easily - started first time. Never did ride it again because it was no longer mine - I had promised it to someone. Its like my friend danced with my girlfriend and now they are getting married. And I didn't even get to kiss her!

Thats life!

Well sir, you are an honourable man and to honourable men, come good things.

Please change your title to sold. Thanks.

Attachments

• Title Closeout.png
    Title Closeout.png
    213.5 KB · Views: 60
Back