Make Offer - 1971 xs650 Part out...saved from the scrap!!!

MINE IS A 72 :bike:

Here's the ones off the 71...looks like 2 triangular shaped. Let me know if it's right. I will remove and sell if you want.

Attachments

• IMG_8246.JPG
    IMG_8246.JPG
    325.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_8247.jpg
    IMG_8247.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_8248.JPG
    IMG_8248.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 140
I need an engine top end. especally the head, everything from the spark plugs up. would take the cylinders too. The head will come off with out cutting the cam chain, if you pull the cam bearings and chain tensioner you can slip the chain off the sprocket.

I think the top was locked from sitting. I've had them soaking for about a week now in oil. I haven't tried to turn over yet. Motor is still in frame. I took the side covers off. the bottom end was full of oil and looks good, so there might be hope for the top.
If you're serious I'll try to get the top apart. I know how to get these motors apart pretty easy.
don't forget this is a 1971. so it has that cross tube in the head.

Yes do I want an early head. I don't need the cylinder pistons etc. but would take them if you can get em off. USPS flat rate boxes can be VERY nice for shipping at decent cost. My mail carrier just loves me!

Give me couple days to work on it. I'm pretty busy with work and family so I'll have time later during the week. I'll post pictures when i'm done. thanks
Joe

That would be great, NO rush on my part, let me know when you get to it. Idea of price? Might save some time to get the terms up front.

Hey Gary I'm planning on removing these tonight. I'm also willing to batter with you if you have a 18" akront rim and spokes in your parts stach. I'm trying to mount a drum front to another akront rim that has the holes drilled out for a drum. Or if you anyone that can drill and spoke a 19" front akront rim. That's what's on the bike now. I'm going for a fatter tire look.
Or I'll ship everything including cylnders if they come off for 100. even.

I have a rear wheel with an alloy 18" H rim. Would that work? I can take the rim and spokes off the hub if you want. Anything I have would have at least some rust on the spokes but I can shoot pics if you are interested. Otherwise your price seems fair if the head is in useable condition when you get it off.

Ok... tore motor out of frame. (oil and grease everywhere on my floor) Garage smells like wd-40 and marvel mystery oil. Damn points screws were a bitch. I has to use an impact.
Here's the pictures of the cyl head. all rockers move smoothly and cam lobes look great.

Any suggestions on getting head off? pistons are close to the top. i put wood wedges on bottom to give me tension. i heated the piston for a little while and was using a wood block to hit them one at a time.

I will work on them alittle more tonight after work.

or last resort would be to break the piston....dont want to do that.

Gary wheels are the akront series look aluminum shouldered (rain gutter) im looking for.

Attachments

• IMG_8264.JPG
    IMG_8264.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_8265.JPG
    IMG_8265.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 153
Back