For Sale - 1971 xs650

blackbetty

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I need money to fund my current build, and since I haven't been pillaging this 71 for parts, I figure I'll throw it up on the board.

71 w numbers matching engine. No title. Engine has compression, I have not heard it run before. Has the lever actuated decompression feature but the cover is broken where the cable inserts, will need a new one. Unmolested frame. Has original carbs, will throw in a second pair.

Will come with extra pipes, a front XS 19" wheel w a roller tire and disc, a rear 18" wheel w sprocket/axle/adjusters but no tire, and a rear zook wheel or something with a tire so you can roll it away.

You can also have the old yammy 1100 tank.

5613300900_ca18c18b13.jpg

5612721569_a06bac7070.jpg

I'm not expecting too much, maybe $700? Make me an offer if you're nearby, obviously you gotta pick it up.

Not a 71. It is a 72 or 73.
There is enough information on the site to be able to identify your bike, you should learn to know what you are selling.

Yea, I'd definitely like to know too. I mean, given grainy pics, an unoriginal tank, non matching wheels, forks from '75, and missing 40% of it's exterior parts.....

I think he must be reading the vin off the headtube using a magnifying glass.

He's probably calling me out since compression releases appeared in 72. Cylinder heads are replaceable parts, but I'll double check the vin and post her up. Thanks for the wiseassery 650!

Yea, I'd definitely like to know too. I mean, given grainy pics, an unoriginal tank, non matching wheels, forks from '75, and missing 40% of it's exterior parts.....

No offense Skull, but that right there is some funny shit!:yikes::laugh::thumbsup:

Doesn't matter to me; I am going to have it titled a 1993. :) Just a little newb humor. :)

He's probably calling me out since compression releases appeared in 72. Cylinder heads are replaceable parts, but I'll double check the vin and post her up. Thanks for the wiseassery 650!

you do know, lol. At least you are now giving a good description of what the 71 is made up of:thumbsup:

Back