Sold / Found / Inactive - 1972 XS650 FOR SALE

BNL

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I have a 72 XS 650 for sale that I bought a few months back. Have tried to get it running but with no success. As I'm not too handy mechanically speaking I'm going to sell it and want to recover some of my costs. The bike is in Canada and as most of you are Americans my price is in U.S dollars. Great looking bike with new tires, switch housing, seat padding replaced (Pictures do not show this) using original seat cover. Compression seems good when kicking over. Front shoes need replacing but I have new shoes that will come with it. Newer battery and new throttle cables and grips (Pictures do not show this). Such a great looking bike but I really do have too many other things I need to be focused on. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Price: $5000.00 U.S. funds. You would have to deal with shipping however I could keep the bike stored until you have arranged for that. Can be contacted at bradlangston@mymts.net or 20four-five73-one900
20221101_123142.JPG
20221101_123142.JPG
IMG_0355.jpg
IMG_0628.PNG

A few more pictures.
IMG_0632.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0629.png
    IMG_0629.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0640.jpeg
    IMG_0640.jpeg
    411.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0639.jpeg
    IMG_0639.jpeg
    309.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0637.jpeg
    IMG_0637.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0636.jpeg
    IMG_0636.jpeg
    484.8 KB · Views: 81
Pretty!
Didn't know the Canadian 72's were drum front brake.
I don't think they were. US, Oceana and European models all had disk. Can't imagine just the Canadians were different.

Pretty!
Didn't know the Canadian 72's were drum front brake.
I don’t think drum brake was standard in Canada either, I believe a previous owner changed it over for whatever reason I’m not sure, but it is what it is I guess. It really doesn’t look too bad actually.

Is that a solid red or a candy red?
It looks solid in the pics.

Hi, Bike looks nice. did you ever think of taking the bike to a Yamaha dealer and have it checked out?
Ain't a Yamaha dealer in this world knows anything 'bout these bikes.

"Hey Fred. I can't find the OBD2 connector on this damn thing.... How the hell am I s'posed to check it out if I can't read the 'puter?!?"

Couple of things. To help the sale. ........Some info on the problem and what you have done to try to remedy the problem.

Even without mechanical aptitude, with the help from guys on here they will be able to pinpoint problems and just maybe an easy fix. Will help the sale if the bike is running.

"Hey Fred. I can't find the OBD2 connector on this damn thing.... How the hell am I s'posed to check it out if I can't read the 'puter?!?"
Absofreakinlutely. The Harley dealer WON'T even work on anything with a carb anymore.

I beg to differ. I worked on them back in the day and still work on modern bikes, They were way easier to work on and fix.

I beg to differ. I worked on them back in the day and still work on modern bikes, They were way easier to work on and fix.
Tongue in cheek aside, I don't doubt there's techs out there that can work on 'em. But based on my experience with dealers, you'll look far and wide before you find one that knows anything about dual carbs, dual points and 50yr old JIS screws. Jus' sayin'....

It’s solid.
Hi, Bike looks nice. did you ever think of taking the bike to a Yamaha dealer and have it checked out?
Here in town dealers won’t work on any bikes older than 20 years old, they got worried that if they break something and they can’t replace the part and they have an irate customer so they just don’t look at them. It is frustrating though.