Sold / Found / Inactive - 1972 XS650 FOR SALE

Here in town dealers won’t work on any bikes older than 20 years old, they got worried that if they break something and they can’t replace the part and they have an irate customer so they just don’t look at them. It is frustrating though.
Wow, that's too bad. Any Yamaha shop that can't work on an old Yamaha should probably go sell E-Scooters

Having worked on hundreds of bikes with points and carbs, the biggest thing saw was points welded together. This happened frequently when the ignition is turned on and the motor is not running. Also, when a bike sits and the carbs dry out, chances are the jets are clogged. Both easy fixes.

Couple of things. To help the sale. ........Some info on the problem and what you have done to try to remedy the problem.

Even without mechanical aptitude, with the help from guys on here they will be able to pinpoint problems and just maybe an easy fix. Will help the sale if the bike is running.
Well to date I've cleaned the tank you and replaced fuel with fresh premium. Removed air filters as they were filthy and crumpled, could be the originals. Replaced plugs and gapped. That's about as far as I went, I feel if i do anything more I'll be doing more harm than good, that's usually the way it goes.

No electric start controls, you would need to look up the vin# on the frame neck to determine what it is.

No electric start controls, you would need to look up the vin# on the frame neck to determine what it is.
:umm:
1685443445760.jpeg
1685443497792.jpeg