Wanted - 1973 TX650 rear fender stay

I just checked and no it Doesnt

The part number i am looking for is 256-21645-01-00
I have seen it with the 2 zeros left off though as well.

Thank you for asking though

hdtech,
Just looked it up.
You don't pick the easy ones to find,eh.
Best bet is to a find dusty lonely only on a dealers shelf.
I don't mind calling around IF you are willing to pay the price.
If you are looking for cheap to free then the classifieds are the only way to go.

No kidding sir.

This has been pretty tough to find these type of parts. I am willing to spend some money if you track one down. Not hundreds of dollars but i think around 100 would seem fair. I would appreciate any help you have in this. And let me know if i am not in the price range.

Thank you

Oh yeah and one more thing.....

I have found that part number to reference both the fender stay and the grab rail. I want to clarify that i am looking for the fender stay.

Thanks again

Part #24 in the picture, correct?

Attachments

• rear fender stay.jpg
    rear fender stay.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 134
Found a pretty crusty one on ebay.came with the front fender stays for 20 bucks. Too bad i already bought and paid for a complete front fender. All i needed was the stays.

I have TONS of original parts from my 73 TX650 if you're still looking...

just got a 73 tx650 and am making a brat bike with it so have parts for sale. front and rear fenders with stays, side covers, chain gaurd, lights, headlight and mounts, batterybox, unneeded electronics, and probly more.

oh also have the 2 air filter canisters which will not go cheap.

let me now if need something and see if can work out a deal.

What a beautiful machine.
I purchased a 73 650 TX and am needing the same rear fender stay. Did anyone ever have any luck locating one?

And for the guys who have plenty of leftover parts, I would love to chat with you:

Rear Fender Stay
Rear foot rest assembly
Headlight (all internal components #3-#17 in diagram)
Both original mirrors
More parts than I can think of off the top of my head.

Fender stays are easy, fender stays that aren't cracked at the front mount, THAT's hard LOL. They aren't hard to weld but the chromer's bill will stagger you.

Back