Wanted - WTB - 1970-1971 XS1 -XS1B Front Fender with Stays - Alternate Fitting

JonW

Troop
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to obtain the alternate fitting front fender and stays that resemble the 1972 and later front fenders with the upper and lower stays. The following parts and numbers are as follows:

Front Fender - 256215101093

Top Stay - 256215131093

Lower Rear Stay - 256215141093

TIA

download.jpg
Good luck on that one. I know that the alternate fender exists because of the the above pic from Skull, but I've never seen one in person. The above pic was taken on the Isle of Man, according to the JPG's title. I suspect the alternate fender was never shipped to the U.S.

I have an xs1 front fender but without the center mounting bracket. Are the fenders different between the bent and straight stay versions? I also have straight stays but for later year disc forks. Don’t know if they’ll interchange. Do you know the length of the stays needed? Perhaps the width is also narrower before 73. Have you tried to cobble anything together to see what may or may not work? I could mock up but my xs1 forks don’t have the bottom mounting ears. It may take me several days to get to this.

Have you tried to cobble anything together to see what may or may not work?

It's funny you should ask! I have the stays from a 1972 XS2, and found that I can remove the existing stays on my XS1B, from the center mount, enabling the center mount to stay in place. So, I am going to attack that this weekend and see how it works out.

To mount the alternate stays, you need the different lowers.
Are you referring to these lowers? If so, I do have the lowers in picture 2 with the two threaded bosses for the upper and lower stays to attach to the fork leg lowers.

Attachments

• 1971 Yamaha XS1B Fork Lowers Early.JPG
    1971 Yamaha XS1B Fork Lowers Early.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 1971 Yamaha XS1B Fork Lowers.JPG
    1971 Yamaha XS1B Fork Lowers.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 27
Back