Wanted - 1974 side stand

20210107_212605.jpg

This 79 needs a weld fix there at the foot but other than that its descent. Its powder coated. Was peiviously bent there at the toe catch. Broke upon a straightening attempt.
Worth shipping to Canada? IDK..
-R

Hello R and Happy New Year! Welding is easy for me, so that could be a candidate, but isn't that a different shape than the one for '74? I had been considering buying one through Mikes but they have listed the '74 as peculiar?

Now that fitment question is unknown to me. I remember reading that a 76 was unique? But your 74?, hopefully somebody knows to chime in.

TXA was definitely different from the TX and earlier. And it's different from the later bikes. I'm pretty sure the 75 was the same as the 74 but not positive. I do know that any I have seen for sale will not fit.

I have a 73 sidestand on Old Brown and while the mount to the frame works ,the angles are a wrong. When it warms up a little I go to the barn.and grab a picture..

Looked at Mike's.

Looks like the 74-76 used the same sidestand. The TXA sidestand mounts the same way as the early bikes but the angle of the toe extension is all wrong. I'm hoping some heat on it will make it possible to make it work. Photos to follow.

I have 75 side stand on my tracker project that’s coming off. PM me if you’re interested and willing to pay shipping to Canuckistan from the other CA.

I do believe that the '74 TX650A side stand is different. I rejuvenated a '74 a couple of years ago that did not have one at all. Looking up the part number (I tend to use Speed and Sport's website for that, but there are others) it seemed a bit different. I was able to find that part number (either from them or eBay). The stand is different from the ones on my '77 & '78 (both standards).

I will try today to take a pic of each stand extended on the bikes for comparison, and post them up.

So. looking at the Speed and Sport website, the part # for a '74 TX650A is 447-27311-06-00, They have 2 in stock at $120 (not saying 'go for it' here, just that they have them). Here are the pics I took of the one I have on mine. I think you can see the difference between these pics and the first one on the string. Good luck in your search! :cheers:
IMG_3096.JPG
IMG_3098.JPG
IMG_3101.JPG