1975 carb question

16vsilverstreak

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 75 xs650. I obtained the bike with the carbs in a box but cleaned and rebuilt. Do the '75 38 carbs have the upper x brace and the lower angle iron bracket? What other parts join the two together. A exploded view would be great. My Clymer manual shows the upper and lower brackets.

Do your homework--go to the Tech section, click the link, read the Carb Guide. For an exploded view, go to www.biker.net , select the XS650B parts manual, then select the carbies.

No, there are no brackets connecting the '75 carb set together. In fact there aren't even any castings on the carb bottoms for the angle bracket to attach to. The brackets didn't come along until the '76 carb set. All that joins the 2 carbs together are a couple of crossover hoses. The smaller one near the rear equalizes the fuel feed. The larger one towards the front is for the choke. This carb set only has one choke assembly located on the left carb. Rich starting mix is shared with the right carb via the crossover hose. Here's an exploded diagram .....

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Y.../TX650A/CARBURETOR TX650A - XS650B/parts.html

Back