1976 XS500, thoughts?

Can anyone tell me if a 1976 XS500 in good condition is worth picking up for $1000? or is it to much of a pain in the keester? Thanks!

Getting a bit tough to find parts for. It's a nice bike for the size. There is a pretty decent one near me for 6 bills. I think it's worth a grand if you really want one, and have the patience for the ills that come with a 30 something year old bike.

A picture would be appropriate. Does the bike start easily and run? Does it shift through all 5 gears?

I bought a 1976 XS500C new in 1976, and had it for 13 years. It was a fun bike and worked very well for me. The engine is very smooth, due to the balancer shaft mounted behind the crankshaft. It will easily do the Ton.

I owned a 1975 once Yamaha replace a faulty head and I put delOrtos on it it ran great and looked great stock. I wish I had kept it. Only about 45 miles per gallon.

Last edited:
funny looking motor. me not likey. rare and different tho so me like sum.if run and drive, me ride.me ride hard and it break? me part out on ebay, maybe get money back if i cant get parts to fix.

After seeing the video, I'd say that bike is worth buying. In Canada that bike would sell for $1500 to $1800.

Both fenders are from an XS650. The original fenders were plastic on that model (1976).

Back