165 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC02319.JPG
    DSC02319.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC02321.JPG
    DSC02321.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
What are your plans for the rear end? Does/did the engine run, or are you planning a rebuild? It looks like a good start and could have lots of different outcomes depending on what you decided to do.

i flipped the top triple tree and got about a inch and a half of drop in the front end

Can you explain this a bit and maybe include a picture or two? But I don't want to hijack this thread. You can pm me if you like, but maybe others want to know, too. Oh hell, whatever works for everyone. OK, now I am just rambling.....:shrug:

Can you explain this a bit and maybe include a picture or two? But I don't want to hijack this thread. You can pm me if you like, but maybe others want to know, too. Oh hell, whatever works for everyone. OK, now I am just rambling.....:shrug:

i'm actually interested in seeing that also. I've not seen it done before and maybe want to try it myself!

i'm actually interested in seeing that also. I've not seen it done before and maybe want to try it myself!

I would think you would have to go for clip-ons as the riser mounts would be on the bottom of the tree now. Or else you would be doing a bunch of mods to get risers to fit on the top of the neck which is actually the bottom part of tree. And wouldn't the neck bearings have to be swapped, and then would they actually fit opposite where they go? So many questions.....:confused:

I will have to go check my bike to refresh my memory on how it all fits together, but I'm guessing you just flipped the top part of the tree and not the entire neck assembly? That way the neck bearings would stay the same and then you would just have to work out the handle bars. I'm interested in progress pictures as they come to see how the front end looks and how it affects the overall profile and stance.

Back