For Sale - 1978 lower end cheap

vickie m ford

vickie and andrew
Reaction score
engine isnt apart lower end maybe lots of usefull parts jug stuck on too compolete with clutches asm no covers 40 bucks if you live close call me 1608 563 1610 and come get it

Thanks for replying. I am building a 76. Motor is good. Just started putting the lower end back together. I am going to have to bore it though. And I still have to buy the exhaust system. There is not so many XS650's in my area, so I have to search far and wide for parts. I can get almost everything from Mike's XS, but it is going to cost a lot. I am trying to keep aprised of everything going on ebay and XS650.com. Got a lot from parts bike heaven in NY. Thanks again for the reply.

My starter Is good. I just need the reduction gears that are spring loaded. I have to wait on exhaust till I get my money built back up. In maybe a month or two. These bikes have never broke me, yet. But I want to do a first rate job and not rush it. Don't want to run out of money. I will check back on it when I get ready. Let me know about the gears. Thanks

my starter is good. I just need the reduction gears that are spring loaded. I have to wait on exhaust till i get my money built back up. In maybe a month or two. These bikes have never broke me, yet. But i want to do a first rate job and not rush it. Don't want to run out of money. I will check back on it when i get ready. Let me know about the gears. Thanks
can i get you the gears you need with out disassemby of lower end i know theres a small cover on the right side with gears is that what youtr talking about?

Ok the gears are not under that cover. They are the next set of gears left of that cover. They are held on by a snap ring. There is a small gear beside them with a screw and really small tab holding it on. The gear set I need is the one that has 2 gears together and a spring behind them. Mine has the second gear teeth knocked off.

Ok, just check out the teeth on the gears. Who ever had my bike before tried to start it with left cyl. rusted solid. Took off half the teeth on the back gear. Oh, and that's where all the metal came from in the filters. Guy was so smart.

Back