1978 XS 650 Special length

Come on racer dave....access to factory shop manuals is readily available online. With
Numerous links listed on this site. Here's just one. You should be learning how to access answers to questions like this yourself. Seriously! Tech, Topic, Other, Manuals.... Here's just one....

http://www.knucklebusterinc.com/tech/XS650.pdf

Besides to quote a well known newb...." I'm lazy at my age" too. Blue

Bluebiker, sorry I wasted your time and or the site bandwidth. Seemed like a simple ? that many guys into these bikes may know off the top of there heads. It probably took you longer to type your post than the answer would have, if you know the answer. I did take a quick look at the tech section, and didn't see anything, but thanks for your response. Also just took a quick look at the link/manual you posted, and didn't see the answer, not saying it's not there though.

Last edited:
Apologies are not the point "racer dave". I'm an old man who learned long ago that you can't help a person who won't help themselves. Yes, I could have looked up the information you sought and asked others to find and could have provided to it to you.

I chose to give you a link that if you followed you could find the information you wanted
because teaching someone how to fish is more valueable than giving them a fish.

For each model displayed on the "Knucklebusters Online Copy of XS 650 manuals", there is a specification 7.3 General section. On page 153 of the Knucklebusters pdf. file ....is the information you were looking for and much, much more: all the specifications on a Yamaha XS650 SE.

If you would have taken the guidance given and made the effort you would have found this section and learned far more than the overall length of a vehicle you wanted someone to supply.

Don't apologize to me or others......you're cheating yourself because you didn't really look to learn or make the effort....Did you?

I hope this experience makes a positive impression on you and helps you somehow. Blue

Attachments

• Scan_Doc0009.pdf
    424.1 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Old guys like blue get all grumpy on the internet nowadays. In their old age they seem to have forgotten what it was like to be a greenhorn. Maybe when they were new at something, some old ass fart gave them the same shit, and now they are getting their turn to dish the bullshit.

Wheelbase is 56.5 inches, but overall length will vary due to which tires you have. For example, my bike is 83 inches from tip to tip, 21" and 16" wheels.
1303774002.jpg

I'm sincere James right or wrong. Did you click the attached files scan below my previous post? All the info is there for a click. Best, Blue.... Bye the way.... I was born grumpy.

Back