Make Offer - 1979 XS650 Special with lots of parts

corleone0000

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I have a bike I bought several years ago. The only problem it had at the time was a bad magento and dirty carbs. I fixed all this and rode it for a while - until I holed a piston. Had the block bored out and installed 750 forged pistons (Shell). Changed out the points for electronic ignition, too. I used to haunt these boards learning all I could about these bikes. They are a really fun hobby...and great fun to ride. I've done lots of work:
- higher ratio fifth gear
- new swing arm bushings (bronze)
- new (larger) oil filter cover
- new chain
- new rear tire
- new carb bushings (where the carbs fit to the heads)
- smoothed out inside the heads
- lined gas tank (POR 15)
- new gas tank petcocks
- replaced all the fluids and many of the many bushings.
(that's all I can remember now)

I stopped riding when I had my second child. Something began to scare me about riding...specifically the fact that all it takes is one person not seeing me to get crossed out of my family. Didn't think it was worth it anymore.

Anyway - I would like to sell the bike. I'll never get out of it what I put into it, I know. I have a full set of carb jets (since I never seemed to get that perfectly right). I have a spare block and head (unmodified) - same year and model. I also have a 21" RZ rim (?) that would fit on the back (with spacer) - a modification that I wanted to do one day. I still have the side panels and front fender. The original handlebars were bend and replaced with these low-riders. There's a banana seat as well. There are many other spare parts that will come with the bike, too.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. I tried to attach a photo. I am located in the Raleigh, NC area. The bike is not covered by insurance any more and doesn't have tags. It hasn't been started in over a year. It does have a clear title.

Attachments

• IMG00331-20100704-1542.jpg
    IMG00331-20100704-1542.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
I don't really know what XS650's are going for nowadays..which is why I listed it under "make an offer". As for shipping - that would be on your dime as I have no experience with that either. Send me a private message and we can talk more about the price. Thanks for the response.

Back