For Sale - 1980 XS650 cafe racer/bobber. Beautiful bike, will deliver!

jh321

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Any offer is considered

I WILL DELIVER THE BIKE. For $1.50 a mile or whatever we work out I will bring the bike to your doorstep.

This is not your average build where the frame is chopped, a seat added, and it somehow is a masterpiece. This bike has had time and money spent on it to set it apart from others.
I bought this bike about a month and a half ago (before christmas) from a gentleman who needed to sell it and knew it was time to move on. He had basically built the bike from the ground up himself and did a wonderful job. It can easily be seen that he didn't cheap out or buy crap parts and then attempt to refurbish or anything like that. Nothing is pitted, rusted, or anything of that sort. He also had the engine completely rebuilt before he put it in. The paint job he had done is excellent as well and has no flaws besides a chip on the seat pan.

I purchased the bike in pretty much completed condition. It just needed a few things sorted out like wiring tidied up, a few parts replaced (such as swing arm bushings), and a good cleaning.
I have put a lot of labor into the bike polishing and cleaning as well as making sure everything is as it should be and replacing what was amiss:

-Wiring harness cleaned up so that all is left is a high/low beam, kill switch, brake light, and ignition.
-All the chrome has been polished.
-All grease removed and cleaned off.
-Swing arm repainted.
-Both cases taken off and polished.
-Clutch plates removed, soaked, and measured for wear.
-Fork lowers polished (not mirror finish but very clean and shiny)
-Basically brand new tires front and rear.
-Inside of LH case cover cleaned and all grease removed.
-Shift shaft seal replaced (I have a spare shift shaft seal, sprocket seal, and pushrod ---seals that will be included)
-Brand new gaskets on left and right side case
-Brand new oil (copper drain plug washers replaced as well)
-Bronze swingarm bushings to replace stock ones that fail
-replaced clutch needle bearing for stronger and better mikesxs one

Bike has:
-Vintage Amal style triumph grips (personally think these are absolutely perfect for the bike)
-Custom paint on tank and seat
-Custom built aluminum seat
-Vortex CNC machined clipons
-Bronze Swingarm Bushings pressed in correctly
-Mikesxs improved needle bearing and washer for clutch
-Pod Filters
-Steel braided brake line
-Can be included with or without the brand new reverse cone exhausts if we work something out
*it is currently jetted for straight pipes
*Kicker will hit the exhaust currently. Simple fix to this is just add a midpipe.
Any muffler shop can make this.
-Only thing it could do with is a rear seat hoop

I have more into it than I am asking but I want to pass it on to someone else that can enjoy it and ride the snot out of it. It starts first kick even in bloody freezing weather like 15 degrees today. I rode it up the road and performed great.

I have not received the "official" title in my name yet (I think I should call and see what's up) but have the temporary copy they gave me until the actual one arrives to prove I do have the title.

Price: I am looking to get around $2500 for it. I have more than that into it with parts, labor, and what I bought it for. Feel free to offer though because I am not entirely sure what it is worth. As always, any offer is considered! Whoever buys this will have a well sorted bike that turns heads and certainly isn't the average xs or cafe racer brat bike.

On to the pictures. Shown with and without exhaust. (I will try and get better on a sunny day)!
IMG_3880_zps6214814f.jpg

IMG_3881_zps63ee8eaa.jpg

IMG_3872_zpsa17d8c34.jpg

IMG_3871_zps69627c3d.jpg
IMG_3868_zpsd9b7bf99.jpg
IMG_3867_zps5c8feb26.jpg
IMG_3874_zpsfa72aa23.jpg
IMG_3875_zpsb6c8ba98.jpg
IMG_3876_zps8805457f.jpg
IMG_3878_zpsdb275b10.jpg
IMG_3873_zpsb9ffc5b1.jpg

Last edited: