For Sale - 1980 XS650 Complete

bearcat

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO LONGER AVAILABLE.........Bought for a future project, but offer it if your interested. Low mileage, 8214! Here is a list of new parts: Pamco ignition with e advancer, new keyed on/off switch, 2 new carbs with boots cable, new throttle body, new mini speedo, new signal lights, new headlight, new rear shocks, ape hangers, new seat mounting hardware. Also has sportster tank, solo seat, wrapped exhaust. Pretty much everything is there to make this bike run. Was a good running bike before the work started. Needs wiring completed, tank and seat are not mounted. Well over $1000 in brand new, unused parts with clean AZ title in my name. Have to be picked up just outside of Phoenix. Looking for $1400

Attachments

• IMG_1159.jpg
    IMG_1159.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1164.jpg
    IMG_1164.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1166.jpg
    IMG_1166.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1157.jpg
    IMG_1157.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1161.jpg
    IMG_1161.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Anyone want to make an offer? Asking too much? Too far to pick up? Better off parting it out?

I'm not jumping into parting it yet. I'd rather sell it all together than go to all that work. I'll get back if I decide to go that direction.

Have you had the bike running ever? I'm in the Buckeye area of Phoenix. What is your bottom dollar?

Dave

I personally have not. I have a compression tester and am going to check it later today. If I get it going, I'll likely keep it. All the wiring is on the bike, just not all connected. My understanding was that it ran before the the modification started. I'm thinking he would have never bought all the new components if he knew it wouldn't run. $1200 is the bottom or I'll keep it or part it out

Not ready to part it out yet. Lowering it to $1000

Hi bearcat,
well, it's been disastered but it ain't been hardtailed so I guess it's still salvageable.
Stock tank, weld on a rear frame loop, aftermarket dualseat, sensible bars & used slip-ons & fenders would make a decent looking bike for another ~$500.
Or complete the existing build at no cost if you don't mind riding a bike that makes you look like a wanker.
If I couldn't get $1,000 for it I'd keep it too.

Some young kid, short on resources, talked me into $900, I felt pretty good about it. So it's gone

Hi bearcat,
so the kid got a bargain and you got the extra garage space.
A win-win situation.

Back