1980 XS650 Project

so I finally have enough time to get a bit more done.. the frame is in the house, I am loosening up the motor mount bolts and taking the last remnants off the frame.. then outside to zip cut the frame...
20130109_141857.jpg

and a very guerilla mock up
20130109_142422.jpg

directional treads. the arrow was pointing the wrong way, I should have stated that.. instead of backwards.

for what it's worth, the arrow on a front tire is supposed to point backwards.....it provides the grip under BRAKING rather than moving..... back tire gets mounted so that the arrow points forward, meaning the grip is strongest under POWER, and the front points rearward so that grip is strongest under braking....

sort of had a shift in priorities... so needed to rid myself of the painted hardwood floors.. you can see the old floors in some of the other pics.. A whole lot of sanding and some liquid patience!! and I am almost done. one more coat of poly on the below picture and then to continue with the other half of the family room..
CAM00003.jpg

Last edited:
Floors look good man. Refinished a few. Amazing what some sanding and a little Liquid patience will do. If your planning on replacing the trim, put up some taller boards. Makes a huge difference and covers up years of paint lines

Well there is no new progress, redoing the basement now... arghh to the priorities..:bike: I did get the couch dug out, cleaned up and took her for a quick cold ride.:bike:

still nothing new, and wont be for awhile, I have started a new job and wont be able to put the time into the bike that I was hoping to... still have to finish the basement.. but once that is done!!! I will have time. Th wife says no more renos till next year!!

Back