1980 xs650 rear fender?

1980 xs650 bobby

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a 1980 xs650 bobber that I purchased of a guy from Craigslist that he had turned into a rat/bobber to his tastings. It has no rear or front fender and I was just wondering where the best place is to get a rear fender for a reasonable price? I called around to local salvage yards and no one has any. I believe they are stock rims and tires off of a 1980 xs650.

Attachments

• 20171025_151433.jpg
    20171025_151433.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 161
You won't be able to use a stock rear fender with a hardtail. If you look through the "Let's see the XS's" thread you will see where folks have modified front fenders to work on the rear. Or maybe another rear fender you like.

Last edited:
I have both an extra front and rear stocker, but you will have a tough time (as already mentioned) using a stock rear fender on a hardtail.

Google images is your friend for inspiration on what to do. Welding will be involved.

Chicopee - as in Chicopee, MA?

I have both an extra front and rear stocker, but you will have a tough time (as already mentioned) using a stock rear fender on a hardtail.

Google images is your friend for inspiration on what to do. Welding will be involved.

Chicopee - as in Chicopee, MA?
Yes sir Chicopee as in Chicopee Massachusetts. I have access to a welder so as long as it fits I really don't mind having to tinker with it

My buddy is building a hard tail. We just went the the local store that sells trailer parts and what not and bought a bare metal fender for around $20. he cut it to the length he wanted and it works great. The store is called 6 Robblees.

My buddy is building a hard tail. We just went the the local store that sells trailer parts and what not and bought a bare metal fender for around $20. he cut it to the length he wanted and it works great. The store is called 6 Robblees.

are you in WA state? Im in Tri Cities WA

Ah OK I'm located in Massachusetts so I'm a long ways. I'll keep trying

Tractor supply co - would probably be a good Massachusetts alternative. I think there's one in Enfield. At least there used to be.

I can bring the front fender up there for Thanksgiving if you're still looking for one. Don't think the rear one would be of any use for you, although you're welcome to give it a shot.

Does anyone know of a website that sells actual full fenders that would fit my bike? Instead of going through the trouble of hacking something up I don't mind paying for a quality fender

Does anyone know of a website that sells actual full fenders that would fit my bike? Instead of going through the trouble of hacking something up I don't mind paying for a quality fender

Hi bobby,
the front is easy, remove that twin U-shape fork brace and put a stock XS650 front fender there instead.
The stock front fender's sturdy integral attachment piece also acts as a fork brace.
I suppose you could re-install a stock rear fender but that'd involve making a whole bunch of bracketry to hold it onto your frame.
Best you go with an aftermarket fender at the rear as there's less bracketry needed for a one-piece fender.

Back