If your "T" is as loose as you say, where you can actually slide it side to side some, I don't think it's going to swell enough to seal. It needs to be pretty snug between the carbs, tight enough so you can barely rotate it by hand.

Get that hand impact tool. It's a "must have" for working on bikes. You'll use it many other places on the bike.

I did the strip the rubber and seal with a piece of tygon F-4040A fuel resistant tubing. Just took them off to reset floats and the tube is still very snug and hasn't leaked a drop for the month or so the carbs have had gas in them.

However you fix it, the bottom line is you have to get it apart first.

setting aside the Tee issue, now the fuel pours out of my intake area lol. probably just get a new gasket kit right?

If fuel is pouring out there, that means the carbs are over-filling. That's float and float needle & seat territory.

The float or float valve may just be stuck from all the banging to try and get the screws out. Just open the bowls and take a look for anything obvious. If it didn’t leak before then it shouldn’t leak now. But then again you never know what you will find. The fact that it was pouring out makes me believe it is something stuck.

Back