For Sale - 1980 Yamaha XS650 Special, 6.5k Miles, Clean Title -- $2100 OBO

Smitty1793

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I am looking to sell my 1980 XS650 Special with 6500~ miles. It has been in storage the past 2 years as I have purchased a new bike. Has a new battery and fires right up. There is some lag in the throttle, I think the carbs need to be cleaned/rebuilt. I have a rebuild kit for each carb from Mikes that I will throw in with the bike. The bike also has a clean title.

**Price drop $1900 OBO

Video of bike running:

Full album of the bike: http://imgur.com/a/Ql2y4

Attachments

• IMG_20160529_115322488_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160529_115322488_HDR.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_20160529_115352857_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160529_115352857_HDR.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 328
Bump -- Price drop. Curious to get people's thoughts, is the bike priced reasonably? I'd rather see the bike go to someone on here than just throw it on CL.

Bike looks good and tidy. Been some mods with the 82 front forks and front guard, that right header with that bluing is a major concern that needs sorting. not sure i would trust the mileage though.

@650Skull I painted the front forks and fender black + got new tank badges and bars for the bike. That's pretty much the extent at which I modded it. I got it from the previous owner with all the stock attachments; sissy bar and rear cargo boot, stock bars and windscreen. I believe the mileage when I purchased was 4400 or there abouts, the guy just had it posted in his front yard. Seemed to be a pretty stand up guy, not sure he went through the effort of tampering with the miles considering I pretty much stole the bike at the time. I wish I had more time to put into it to get it all sorted, but its been sitting in storage the past two years I'd rather see it go to someone that is going to give it a bit more care.

I am looking to sell my 1980 XS650 Special with 6500~ miles. It has been in storage the past 2 years as I have purchased a new bike. Has a new battery and fires right up. There is some lag in the throttle, I think the carbs need to be cleaned/rebuilt. I have a rebuild kit for each carb from Mikes that I will throw in with the bike. The bike also has a clean title.

**Price drop $1900 OBO

Video of bike running:

Full album of the bike: http://imgur.com/a/Ql2y4
it's a great looking bike ,and thank's for putting it on this site first to give all of us addicted to them first chance to pick up a bargain . it's a very good price . if I had the cash and the extra cash to ship it to OZ I would give you a call , best of luck .

Back