1981 Front Mag Wheel

wrmdovr

If it were easy.....everyone would do it!
Reaction score
if i remove the disc will the cover housing, part number 1U42584700 fit it the place where the disc would mount or is there a part in which to conceal where the disc would normally be located? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WRMDOVR

If you look on the other side of your wheel you will se a plastic cover that snaps into the rotor mounting holes, If you remove your disc brake rotor you need to find another plastic cover.
The earlier spoke wheels used a chrome steel cover that used screws to hold them on.
Leo

Hi Leo......thanks for the reply back and the confirmation.....Any idea as to where i can locate the parts you mention? Thanks.

WRMDOVR

Try posting a parts wanted ad in the classified section of this web site. Searching Ebay.
Leo

I did this yesterday. Some cheap short chinese buttonhead screws. The quality was so-so at best but good enough for decoration.

xstires 001.JPG

xstires 001.JPG

M8 x 10mm Full Thread Stainless Steel Button Head Socket Cap Screw

Will probably dab some satin black in the recesses.

Hey gggGary......great idea....i was kicking something like that around but just hadn't gotten there yet as i have been working on fabbing up a banana girder front end to attach to my mag wheel.

WRMDOVR

I bought enough screws to do 5 sets of 6 So I'll send a set of 6 to your US door for $6.00

PayPal.Me/gggary/6

click the link if you want a set.... not sayin it's cheap or expensive, just doin' it.

will be unavailable after march 5th.

Back