For Sale - 1981 XS650 cafe racer, $2600 (Birmingham, AL)

bennecc

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was planning on maybe putting the bike on ebay once it starts to warm up, but I figure I may as well put it on here first and see what happens.

PB010422.jpg

PB010420.jpg

Here is a link to a full album:
http://picasaweb.google.com/CooperBennett/XS650CafeRacer?feat=directlink

This is a cafe racer converted from a 1981 xs650 Special II. Some of the things I have done to it:
  • New .25 OS pistons/rings (about 12000 miles before rebuild, only 60 miles since)
  • New cam chain & cam chain guide
  • New valve seals, freshly lapped valves
  • New seals/gaskets throughout
  • PAMCO ignition
  • New coils from MikesXS
  • New plug caps w/ NGK Iridium plugs
  • Carbs completely rebuilt
  • Forks rebuilt w/ new fork seals, fork boots
  • Fork damper valves (like Racetech cartridge emulators)
  • EMGO reverse cone shorty mufflers
  • New headlight, mini aluminum turn signals, LED tail light
  • New cables
  • Custom built fiberglass cafe seat that converts for 2-up riding! (see photo in album)
  • Battery/electronics relocated underneath the seat
  • Completely rewired w/ soldered connections
  • Mini gauges with custom LED idiot lights
  • new rear shocks
  • 18" aluminum rims front and rear
  • New (65 miles) Bridgestone Spitfire rubber front & rear
  • New O-ring drive chain
  • New brake pads & brake shoes
  • Front caliper freshly rebuilt
  • Replaced brake rotor with slotted xs1100 rotor
  • XS750 special gas tank with new dual manual petcocks
  • Hella Supertone dual horns (1 hidden)
  • Custom black paint with sparkle silver stripes & white pinstripe detail

I also have a 2-1 exhaust (not sure what make) for the bike that I will throw in; it has surface rust but should look good wrapped. Also, the bike is set up kickstart only but I do have the starter motor & gears to go along with the bike. The bike is not perfect but it charges and rides good and it deserves to be with someone who can maintain it. I stripped one of the holes in the front cam chain guide so the screw doesn't tighten down and a little oil leaks out the hole when warm; it could probably be fixed with some jb weld or obviously the cam chain guide could be replaced for a proper solution. I just put a rag under it after I park it. I definitely get plenty of compliments and rubber necking when I take it out.

The bike is currently located in Birmingham, AL and it has a clear Tennessee title. The bike can be picked up here in Birmingham or I may be able to trailer it and deliver it within the southeast.

Interested buyers feel free to message me with questions or if there is a photo or video that you would like me to take. Thanks for looking! :bike:

Last edited:
Back