Make Offer - 1982 xs650 HS

Brian83

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm thinking i should sell my 1982 xs650 Heritage Special. I had big plans to turn this thing into a stripped down tracker but this bike needs more work than my ability will allow.

The bike is currently running and sounds great. I just did the PAMCO (pamcopete), PMA (hughs handbuilt) swap. It has new tires and has recently been tuned up and had an oil change. It is currently registered and insured in Alberta.

Here is the bad.... The headlight keeps burning out. I suspect it may be the RLU unit (I'm going to try the bypass later this week). Another bad item is that the bike slips in 1st gear under load. I suspect a clutch problem but this is where my ability ends.

I'm sad to sell this bike as I absolutely love them but in the end I just want to ride and my busy lifestyle and lack of mechanical ability is keeping me from what i love doing. I have a few extra parts that I never got around to installing. They are, Hughs Handbuilt Solid Risers, Custom seat from WESTON, Biltwell 7/8" black tracker bar, Fork tubes from MikeXS and a replacement insert halogen headlight with extra bulbs.

The bike is 100% ride able right now and the bike hauls. Unfortunately the 1st gear is frustrating as it slips around 3500 RPM. You can always launch the bike in 2nd without issue for the time being. The headlight is either the RLU or a bad ground (not serious) and I'm pretty sure this will be fixed this week.

If anyone wants anymore info, reply or PM. Make me a reasonable offer and I'll be happy to discuss. BTW i live in Edmonton, Alberta.

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMAG0105.jpg
    IMAG0105.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 131
  • IMAG0106.jpg
    IMAG0106.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMAG0107.jpg
    IMAG0107.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0104.jpg