Make Offer - 1983 Heritage Special Engine and misc parts

eyerg2

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am selling an engine and some other miscellaneous parts that I have no use for anymore. Trying to clear out some space in the barn before I move. Please see the attached pictures for details and let me know if you'd want a more detailed picture or more information.

The engine is the original engine from my '83 heritage special - serial number 5V4-107494. It is not seized and has compression. At some point the PO switched it out for a different engine that is currently on the bike because the original has an oil leak. The odometer currently has 23,700 miles on it, but I do not know how many of those were on the original engine or when the new engine was switched in. It does not have carbs, but is otherwise complete incl. a kick starter and shifter except for the hardware to affix the dry side engine cover. 175 obo Sold

The parts are as follows (see pictures) - make offer:

Stock crankcase breather assembly

Handlebar stem cover - heritage special - Sold

(2) stock wiring harnesses - some connectors boogered up/missing but probably 85% complete

(2) pod filters - listed as Xs400 style in Mike's XS catalog. They DO block the air ports on BS34 carbs, hence why they were replaced

Headlight bucket with good exterior chrome (interior has surface rust) - Sold

Ignition switch with key - tumbler is stiff but appears to turn with some work Sold

misc relays

oil dipstick

clutch levers (for 7/8" bars)

seat latch Sold

(2) turn signals - one chromed, one without exterior finish (gray metal)

front brake junction from front fork w/ banjo bolts - I replaced with a 1-piece line

Metal frame cover - Sold

seat lock (I do not have the key, does not match the ignition I listed)

Tachometer with extra bucket - assembly is complete, chrome is fair Sold

solo speedo gauge mounting brackets

"British style" taillight assembly - complete, chrome is good, just needs to be cleaned with polish Sold

Bullet valve caps

Misc metal items

Left hand side control module - non xs650

Taillight assembly - lens and bracket with seals, no lighting element

Fuse panel - mostly complete

misc metal hardware - including stock airbox filter retaining clips

Kickstarter and shifter - to go with the engine - Sold

I am more interested in selling the engine locally (pickup in Lititz, PA), but I can ship the parts domestically or sell locally. I'm not experienced with shipping internationally, but would be willing to try if you're really interested. You pay shipping (obviously). For some of the smaller stuff, I would probably let it go for free if you pay shipping, but some of it it worth a little bit. Make an offer and we'll see! Let me know what you're interested in, and I'll try to keep the list updated with what is taken.

Greg

Attachments

• rsz_2014-04-26_172454.jpg
    rsz_2014-04-26_172454.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 219
  • rsz_2014-05-20_123216.jpg
    rsz_2014-05-20_123216.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 198
  • rsz_22014-05-20_123221.jpg
    rsz_22014-05-20_123221.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 187
  • rsz_2014-05-20_123227.jpg
    rsz_2014-05-20_123227.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
I'd be interested in the seat latch and saddlebag mounting parts. Is there a pic of the saddlebag mounts? I don't really know what they should look like.

Pago Cruiser, in the 4th picture I made a guess that the bag mounts might be the metal plates next to the bullet valve caps and inside the handlebar controls. I'm not sure if that's actually what it is though. The have a shape that is the same as the turn signal supports on my '83.

I could do $5 plus shipping on the seat latch though and throw in those metal plates if you think they're what you're looking for.

closeup images of stem cover for YL76

Attachments

• rsz_2014-05-25_105155.jpg
    rsz_2014-05-25_105155.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 131
  • rsz_2014-05-25_105202.jpg
    rsz_2014-05-25_105202.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 154
British style taillight and tach are now sold. Anything remaining is free if you pay shipping, otherwise I'll probably put it up on craigslist if anyone local needs this kind of thing.

Thanks!

If you still have the clips that hold the air filter in place, I could use 1 .. or 2 if you'd rather sell them as a pair ... how are you air filters?

Back