For Sale - 1983 Heritage Special, unrestored like new, 2000 miles

Dinahmoe

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello, really intended to be more active in these forums, but, life....

So, let me tell you the story as I interpreted it. We bought this a few years ago as a non running "basket case". We got it from some kids, whose grandpa gave it to them to do as they please. It came with all sorts of stories, none of which made sense. This is what I believe to be the history. Grandpa had a '79 special, wrecked it, bought a heritage and put a side car on it. Wanted more oomph for the newer speed limits and wanted to install a big bore kit. Never happened and he retired in FL, the kids got it. (it came from Ny, have the bill of sale from where he got it)

When we got it, no battery, start switch spring gone, fuse box broken, and of course master cyl gunked up. I replaced the fuse box, put a new bar switch on it, and battery. I put in a oil filter kit from mikesXS and turned it over to my friend, a yamaha trained mechanic. He pulled the jugs and put new gaskets on, it had gasket maker even on the valve covers? Odd I thought? He rebuilt the carbs and we got a new master cyl for it. The speedo was chattering and reading 10 off so I put a spare on it and replaced the cable. We have put a total of 200 miles on it in all this time. Just don't have time or space for it. Would like it to go to someone who can appreciate it.

It really doesn't need anything, there are small paint chips in the tank, touched up. There is some rust on the chrome, not noticeable if you keep it polished. On the right side, the side marker bracket was hacked off for the side car mount and they drilled a hole in the frame under the lower side cover, they removed the reflector from the shock as well, I have a new one for that. The tires are ok, but if you intend to run it hard I would get new ones, for us they are fine.

Now, this bike came with the spares from the '79 special too, mainly the motor, so I picked up a frame with the intention of having twin bikes for us to ride. Again, didn't happen. The spare bike is an '83 heritage with a '79 points motor in it, I have the '83 motor and a set of big bore pistons. The only thing I'm missing is a seat and one of the lower side covers. I have 2 sets of tanks and covers, that I should be painting. I painted the frame, and chrome parts, they were too rusted to polish so painted silver. I also have a set of mags for it.

I would like to get rid of everything, so I don't think about it. You will understand when you get old and have lots of projects. I'd like $3000 for the good one, and $2000 for the spare. I will paint any color you like, I was going with white and blue with mirra in the white. I have lots of pictures, here are 2 recent ones. Both have clean florida titles. Thanks for looking!

The nice one, last month, this are pretty big, too big to link inline
http://i.imgur.com/7FfWJ9J.jpg
The project last month
http://i.imgur.com/I0wbNqQ.jpg
Videos of the kid learning to ride

Back