2 into 1 Manifold

Doug79

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have or know how to locate a greensand Foundry 2 into 1 intake manifold? I want the one that mounts the carb right in front of the down tube. I have looked on line till my eyes crossed and can find pictures of them but no leads on where to buy one. I want to use a Mikuni carb.

i have seen the one from counterbalance. the uneven runners look like a potential problem. people must have been able to make it work but I just like the idea of the carb. being in the center with even runners. modifying the down tube to clear an air cleaner is doable. fabricating one may be the best option since the greensand manifold is built to accept an an Amal carb. We threw Amals away to put Mukunis on Triumphs so that would seem to be going a bit backwards. once I get the engine out, we'll look at and decide what to do. Thanks for the feedback

i have seen the one from counterbalance. the uneven runners look like a potential problem. people must have been able to make it work but I just like the idea of the carb. being in the center with even runners. modifying the down tube to clear an air cleaner is doable. fabricating one may be the best option since the greensand manifold is built to accept an an Amal carb. We threw Amals away to put Mukunis on Triumphs so that would seem to be going a bit backwards. once I get the engine out, we'll look at and decide what to do. Thanks for the feedback

Counter Balance with do it centered if you want....

You probably tossed worn out Amals to put on new Mikunis. As far as uneven runners, I have my doubts unless they are very seriously staggered. Most every V8 made for decades had uneven runners, with the carb or TB sitting on top of the centered cylinders and runners to the corners were much longer.

You probably tossed worn out Amals to put on new Mikunis. As far as uneven runners, I have my doubts unless they are very seriously staggered. Most every V8 made for decades had uneven runners, with the carb or TB sitting on top of the centered cylinders and runners to the corners were much longer.

And those had uneven fuel ratio's regardless if you had dual plain or single plain manifold. You're better off with a dual carb set up to dial the fuel ratio for each cylinder independently and it's not gonna happen with a 2 into 1.

Does anyone have or know how to locate a greensand Foundry 2 into 1 intake manifold? I want the one that mounts the carb right in front of the down tube. I have looked on line till my eyes crossed and can find pictures of them but no leads on where to buy one. I want to use a Mikuni carb.

Wes from Counterbalance will make you a centered one, but unless you modify your frame, there won't be room for the intake, carb, and air filter in front of the seat post.

I'm running a centered single carb intake on my build, but I'm doing a full custom frame to accommodate it.

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44225

And those had uneven fuel ratio's regardless if you had dual plain or single plain manifold. You're better off with a dual carb set up to dial the fuel ratio for each cylinder independently and it's not gonna happen with a 2 into 1.

You can get real close, tho. Those single carb Triumph twins did just fine with a centered 2 into 1.

Thanks for the info on Counterbalance. I am an old[literally] TR-6 guy and when you have had an opinion as long as I have, it's really hard to change it. Once I get thru the state inspection, I will contact them about a manifold.

Here's a pic of mine from Wes installed, thing is killer!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461259823.418917.jpg

Just picked up one of these CBC manifolds myself, welds on it are super clean. Excited to try it out.

Only concern between this one and the joe wiseguy one is that joes has a wider connection point at the joint to allow the air to distribute more evenly. I remember filing down the intake on my road star to reduce the hard edges in the manifold where air tends to get "stuck."

Just something to be aware of, but like I said it didn't keep me from ordering one. Would be curious to see someones plugs side by side after running this and whether there is any discernible difference between them.

I could never get either 2 into 1 I had to run proper at idle. Horrible idle on the right pot. Ran awesome otherwise. It has to be centered like a triumph or bsa to work. It's like that longer runner on the right wouldn't heat up enough and I got pooling gas.

It looks good. I hope you will be able to document your install with some pictures, when the time comes. I am hoping to use one of my 38 carbs but that is something i'll have to discuss with Wes when I talk to him.

It looks good. I hope you will be able to document your install with some pictures, when the time comes. I am hoping to use one of my 38 carbs but that is something i'll have to discuss with Wes when I talk to him.

I'll tell you from talking to him he runs a 36 on his xs. Not saying you can't run a 38, but it might be a bit big.

Back