2 into 1 Mikuni jet size

Hawkeye

Brat Boy
Reaction score
i was informed that the Mikuni 34's would work on my 2 into I intake build. Now my question is what size jet would i need?

Posted via Mobile

You will need to set the carb up the same as if you were running two carbs.
On a two carb set up, one cylinder pull through one carb, 180 degrees later the other carb pulls through the other carb.
On a single carb set up one cylinder pulls through the carb, then 180 degrees later the other cylinder pulls through the carb.
A cylinder can only pull so much air, so the carb mixes in the fuel to match the amount of air flowing through.
Look through the threads where people use the VM34 carbs. Start with one of the recipes you find and tune from there.
Leo

Yep, the VM34 is a good choice. As to jetting, start with the baseline given in the VM Carb Guide, tune from there, and don't expect anybody to hand you a recipe, especially one given without reference to altitude, exhaust, motor mods, etc. The best advice I can give you is to familiarize yourself with the tuning process before you decide to modify your intake, then decide if it's something you really want to do.

Back