2011 GSX-R600 forks - NEED A WHEEL!!!

JustinB

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

So i'm just getting into the fun (and $$ part) of the rebuild on a 76 XS and was able to pick up a mint condition (brand new) front end from a 2011 GSXR600 with the 4 pot brembo calipers and Showa fully adjustable front forks.

Now I need to find a spoked rim that I can hook up to the 22mm axle and GSXR forks. My bike has the original Akron wheels, but I'm not sure if/how they can hook up to the new forks. I don't care about keeping this original and am more interested in looks/performance. As soon as I can button downthis option I'll have the polished rims to sell!

PLEASE HELP!!!
:thumbsup:

Justin

Why dont you use the XS650 spoked front, change the bearings out to 22mm ID and make / get some made spacers to seat it centrally in the forks. You'll then need to get some discs that have the correct centres (ducatis, FZRs all fit - theres a list on here if you search) and then use spacers to seat the between the discs.

I've just done this on an R1 front end

giday justin

I'm doing the same with the gsx 600 forks I've got a friend sorting out the xs wheel to suit the forks will keep you posted on what he did
cheers

Paulrxs650 nailed it, or go stock gsxr wheel
Radial brakes on those forks, great look, great brake feel
Should look wicked up there!

Back