2013 xs650 build off bikes

Dear diary,

Today was a blast. I put in the first days work on my bike in weeks.

Frame fully welded and 90% cleaned up

Forks shaved

Exhaust started

Garage cleaned

And most importantly... I got a title to my bike lol

Oh I also bought everything to make my bars and I bought all the stainless I need for my sassy bar

Well she is starting to take shape now
Forward controls now set up.
exhaust is on
up next body work
brake upgrades.
wiring
full

They make those tanks in 5gallons now saw them online somewhere. I had trouble with run'n out of gas after I changed the tank out to a sporty tank

Posted via Mobile

Yes I was looking at them.
seemed to big for the bike so I went with the 3.2 gal and happy with my choice
and it was $100 so that helped me make up my mind

My January update is that I have no update! Need to come up with some money for the build, I had to shift money over for my son's braces.

Great job Carbon, Yamachop and livingdead!

You guys are doing great ! Love the looks.

I'm just getting into my wiring. Going with the usual Chrysler/Radio Shack mods and all new wires, etc. etc. Got some carb stuff in also. XS Jan 27 2013 001.jpg

Great looking bike! I wondered what a mustang tank would look like on an XS.
I have a question though - how does the sissy bar / fender setup work with a moving swingarm? :shrug:
Thanks Man
the sissy bar / fender is bolted to the swingarm.
also the frame will rise 3/8'' more at the seat.
it's stiff enough that the fender just barely touches the bottom of the seat when I bounce up and down. I think 1 washer on each side under seat will do the job.
very tight fit I know. If this didn't work I have built in the design where i can change it to where the fender and sissy bar attach frame under the seat.
all I will have to do is bend sissybar and weld on fender mount.easy peasy right:yikes::D

Last edited:
Ladies and Gents...I would like to introduce the next step in my build process. Please allow me introduce you to the madness that has consumed my life for the last 6 months...more to come soon!

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 182
Finally got my motor back last night! It's all new on the inside and bead blasted on the outside... It looks great! I've got some new vm34s with brass caps to go on it. New filters for those. And I just ordered the stainless bolt set for it.... Can't wait to fire this thing up. My motor guy installed the pamco.... I'll hopefully be doing the pma and sparx cap soon! I'm still stuck on what bars to use tho lol.

Back