2013 xs650 build off bikes

Busy makin some extra money the last week or so..... gotta work a few hours early tomorrow, then its back to the mock-up... get that done, and hopefully go see/meet LIVINGDEAD around the 19th, and get some steel bent.
BTW, LivingDead, do you have an arbor press?

That date should be perfect.... I'm off that whole week going forward... Its my bday on the 20th lol but my gift to myself is a solid 10 days of binge drinking and working on my bike.... So come on over! I don't... I bought one from hf but returned it due to its high level of suck lol

And thanks I wish I could take more credit for the tank and fender.... The dude is a machine... For less than what a plane Jane tank and fender would have cost me from lowbrow.... I got the tank, fender (both brand new) , fab work and paint... Shipped!

Got to ride mine this weekend and I have to say I couldn't be happier, still a few things left to do before I start chopping.

Question for u guys. I'm looking into a new clutch lever that will fit the drags/clip ons ill be using at the end of my build, the one from the special bars is pretty stiff to operate and just doesnt really fit. What would you suggest?

I'm also looking for a place that will make a custom clutch cable. The one I'm using, again, was the stock part that came with the bike, and is now to long and rather stiff since its wrapped around a few times.

Doin' work son!

Got a bunch of small things done lately, got some new brake caliper spacers turned up, also made some new rear axle spacers. Threw my motor back into place so I could get the chain length set up. Looks like I might have some chain interference on the top side of the swingarm pivot. Not really concerned :)

Got the tail section mounted finally, and started to skin it up. I'm going overkill on the sheetmetal using 16ga, but I wanted it to have a good amount of rigidity. I rolled it off the lift since it was nice today to take a couple pictures on the ground. Sometimes when it's on the lift too long you lose a sense of perspective on how it's going to look riding down the road. My opinion only, this is my favorite build so far. I'm more proud of my turbo build, but this bike aesthetically is my favorite. Super clean and simple, feels tiny under you and I bet it's going to be a blast to ride!

Question for you guys. I'm thinking of adding a tracker style number plate to the front end with the headlight hidden behind it. It will be made out of sheetmetal and I think it'll be a nice added feature. What do you guys think? Number plate or no?

Pics:

DSCF1924.jpg

DSCF1930.jpg

DSCF1926.jpg

DSCF1923.jpg

DSCF1919.jpg

DSCF1920.jpg

DSCF1921.jpg

Keep up the good work guys! The build continues tomorrow.....

December.... New frame pretty much ironed out. A couple downtube changes to the design I think. I'm having shoulder surgery on Friday. Hoping to have the frame started in the jig by the end of January. It's gonna be bad ass

Posted via Mobile

I like it. I'd be cramped up on it but it looks fun. I got to work on my bike soon I got some parts today my tank its a cb500t tank looks good on the bike and some stock amal intake from a trump Im go'n to try to moded b4 I buy some cast one like the ones of my aco bike cuz those things work and look great but they cost a lot

Posted via Mobile

To be honest when I first finished it up that was the first thing I thought of was to run the exhaust out through there. But two things stopped me. One, the tail section will be painted and I didn't want to run the risk of blackening or burning the paint. And second, I realized that running a brand new exhaust setup through there would be quite complicated and I'm supposed to be keeping this build simple. Whoops :)

So anyway, yes a tail light will go there.

I know the build off isn't done yet.......but if you keep going at this rate and finish the bike I unofficially declare you the winner; awesome fabwork! I know you have spokes currently but I think discs might look sick?!

That back end is stunning work! Well done!

Have you ever thought about using it as a pattern and laminating a split mould off it and having a composite rear end (fibre glass or even carbon fibr). It would no doubt make it lighter and easy to re-produce if the worst happens but Im also sure that a lot of people would wish to purchase one from you.

Got some goodies in today =). Still waiting for the rest to come in.

Attachments

• 406592_10101130194328371_40937054_n.jpg
    406592_10101130194328371_40937054_n.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 524630_10101130208275421_238508361_n.jpg
    524630_10101130208275421_238508361_n.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 106
Back