2013 xs650 build off bikes

Checking in for january.I haven't gotten much done other than getting it down
to the bare frame and motor on the table it is cold in the garage and i have a lot of stuff to order.I will update with pics after i get something done.

Same boat. Been visiting family with the holidays and all. The build is still waiting. Working on designing a new seat pan.

PC modem went out, can't upload pics from my phone... at least, I haven't figured out how, yet. Got frame mocked up, out of a cheaper material... now to add up the total lengths for the tube order. And get everything ready to take to East Lansing in 2 weeks.. and get a set of spokes so I can relace my wheels after powdercoating... then we start the tins and seat.

I welded the seat gusset and cross bar.
drilled and cut the seat mounts too. so seat finished. Thats 1 thing finished.
Welded the battery box mounts on to the battery box.
I will weld it into place tomorrow
full
[/IMG]

Got some shit done today...

Picked up this Honda Dirt 21", then came across this brand new 21" Metzler tire from a buddy. It was a match made in heaven lol.

I've never had good luck changing my own tires... My friend told me of an old trick with a trash bag...assuming he was taking me for an idiot I gave it a shot. It fucking worked!

Due to my front brake allergy I had to gut the drum on this 21" nothing new but this leads to a nasty looking hole in the hub. I've always made my own covers for these... but came up with this solution for a "hubcap" today. I machined a couple spacers that will be cut to fit as soon a I decide on a front end.

uploadfromtaptalk1357759553558.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1357759586822.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1357759604859.jpg

Thanks George.
ldmc, I like Your choice for wheel n tire :thumbsup:
I really like the hubcap! :rock:
I used to watch a old guy mount tires using plastic bag.
I had forgot about it.
now when I mount my new front tire I'll be the old guy using plastic bag.
I also mounted the batterybox so thats 2 things finished

Input?

Picked up a different springer tonight. Thinking I may wanna rake my front end. Using this set it looks like I'm gonna be raking like a mother fucker lol. What's your opinion on long Xs's? I may have a buddy throw this in photo shop and do a mock up... I just can't see the end result lol.

uploadfromtaptalk1357789006217.jpg

I'm also stuck on a "long front end" not really flowing with the white wall and wheel covers...thoughts?

Im do'n a long bike out of my xs2, I like them but I haven't seen but maybe one or two in person. Rake that fucker out!

Posted via Mobile

The bag trick my work for some tires. All I did was waste a good trash bag. Trying to mount an me 880 metzler on 16 no way a bag would work or the tire irons. Luckey a guy that lives up the street has a tire machine and mounted it for free. Wish I had Know that it was a bitch getting the old one off. All the builds look great so far.

Back