2015 Yamaha 650 Society Ozarks Rally

desmoman900

650 Society Director
Reaction score
I hope to see many of you there! Call the Ozark Folk Center (870) 269-3871 for great rates on cabins & rooms. Routes and activities posted on the Society's website.
Get those twins on the road!

http://xs650society.com/2015/.../30/2015-ozarks-rally-preview/
Ozark-Poster-2015.jpg

I have free creekside camping 6 miles out of town if you are brave enough to traverse the road to my place.

Garage and tools available, beer, the usual.....

I ride my XS up and down my "road" all the time to the Folk Center. Good riding skills required and should not be afraid of getting your bike dirty.

I'll be wrenchin and riding with a buddy this weekend. I have an old mans, over 40 MX track, with dirt ramps, at the house as well.

Hope to meet up talk and see some nice bikes at some point, somewhere.

bremoit@hotmail.com if you want more info on the area....D

It's looking likely, there's an early bike in SO IL that needs me....... So it'll be the van and one of the XS's, hopefully another for the ride home.

Come find me Friday night at the Ozark Folk Center cabin area, gggGary. eight one 3 three 91 five 4 zero 7. We should be outside shooting the shit, working on bikes. As a matter of fact, we need a regulator/rectifier for a 81 XS650 asap. One of the guys lost the charging system today. Let me know if you have one and can bring it with you. Cash sale :)

2015 Ozark Rally Update - Today's route will takes us from Mountain View to Ash Flat via Hwy 5, Hwy 56 then down Hwy 58 for lunch at Cave City. We'll cross the White River in Batesville and loop back via Hwy 56 and Hwy 5.
OzarkRte3.jpg

2015 Ozark Rally Update - Saturday Route - Heading to Jasper via AR66 passing through Marshall and Witts Springs on AR16 which will take us to the Ozarks Cafe for lunch. AR74 will take us to US65 looping back through Marshal before arriving in Mountain View. C'mon meet us any where along the route.

OzarksLoop2-Short.jpg

Hey guys, enjoyed the short meet up. Thanks for stopping in the wide spot.
Wish we could have gotten around earlier or stayed later.
Ran into the rain at the state line but it was still light and ran out of it in five miles or so. Got home before dark so where my headlight shines is still a mystery and I'm fine with that for now. The fact I took a non-runner never ridden before with a stolen tag and no insurance on a 300 mile virgin trip without legal or mechanical problems is pretty satisfying. A plus was the scenery. Red Bud, Dogwood, Forsythia in bloom and two or three places I smelled Lilac which was welcome since it is spring and they use A LOT of turkey fertilizer down there.
Hope you'uns got back to camp and get home no problems.
full

Back